LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 149 users in the forums

Niners contacted Clausen?

If Sea and Buff pass on him and by some miracle he is available at #13, the 9ers have one hell of a trading chip to trade down for extra picks. BAP #17 and Brown or Saffold with a late 1st plus another 2nd.
With Mike Shanahan passing on Jimmy Clausen I would really take this as a red flag, considering Shanahan is one of the best eyes for QB talent.
can you say Brady Quinn. another big game choker from ND.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Can you say you are a hater ? You did it all last year in the ND thread, you hit and run, never coming back to defend your outlandish claims.

JC led the Irish to 4 come from behind wins this year with the 86th ranked D in the nation means you fail.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
hmm would be a surprise pick for sure.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Unless he lands in Buffalo, he'll have a better career than Bradford. Bradford will get destroyed in St Louis.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Can you say you are a hater ? You did it all last year in the ND thread, you hit and run, never coming back to defend your outlandish claims.

JC led the Irish to 4 come from behind wins this year with the 86th ranked D in the nation means you fail.

It was really only 3 games..

You can't count the UW game because the officials absolutely stole the game from the Huskies.

I am not a JC hater, but don't want to see us draft him. Although I believe it will moot, because I expect him to be gone no later than #9.
When SF chose not to take a ride with McNabb you can count on it that the Niners will not be selecting a QB in the 1st round. Clausen will not be a Niner. We have more focus on getting other things settled. T. Williams, D. Williams, Spiller, Haden, Thomas, Iupati, Graham. We have a lot of people on our board that we will take and Clausen will not be one of them.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
When SF chose not to take a ride with McNabb you can count on it that the Niners will not be selecting a QB in the 1st round. Clausen will not be a Niner. We have more focus on getting other things settled. T. Williams, D. Williams, Spiller, Haden, Thomas, Iupati, Graham. We have a lot of people on our board that we will take and Clausen will not be one of them.

I agree. If we wanted a QB we'd have given up a 2nd on one, not a 1st.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

How's his arm. Is it better than Smiths or Nate Davis'?

clausen resembles an NFL QB more so than Smith, who's now been an NFL QB for what, 6 years?
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm now thinking the Hawks are licking their chops at #6! If not Seattle, Buffalo is waiting in the wings.

Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
How come every magazine has us with the 16th pick? I'm pretty friggin sure we have number 17...

not only that, but it has Denver at 10 and Jacksonville at 11 when it's the other way around.

and they picked the Colts to win the superbowl.. since they are picking last
I totally would be down with getting JC at pick 13. This is a qb driven league folks, and a potential franchise qb at 13 $$$ is not a bad move.

I think Carr's contract is a two year deal with little signing bonus, he could be gone if they pick Jimmy Clausen.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
If Sea and Buff pass on him and by some miracle he is available at #13, the 9ers have one hell of a trading chip to trade down for extra picks. BAP #17 and Brown or Saffold with a late 1st plus another 2nd.

Depending on what happens with Favre, the Vikings may come calling at that point with their 30th pick in the first and their 30th pick of the second round.
Share 49ersWebzone