There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Joe Haden runs a pedestrian 4.57 on his 40! (Eric Berry at 4.45)

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
He's only 5 ft 10 also! A shutdown corner only 5 ft 10? Can we match him up against fitzgerald and be confident he wont get outjumped at the back of the endzone in the 4th quarter?
According to the bleacher report, the avg NFL CB is 5'11"....so maybe he IS tall enough..........http://bleacherreport.com/articles/341838-the-big-man-how-the-tall-wide-receiver-is-changing-the-nfl

4.57 still seems slow. He'd better run faster at his proday, or this could cost him million$, and almost guarantee the raiders won't be interested in overpaying him like they do everyone else.

5'10 and 3/4's.
I suspect that will move Kyle Wilson to the top rated CB.
He's only 5 ft 10 also! A shutdown corner only 5 ft 10? Can we match him up against fitzgerald and be confident he wont get outjumped at the back of the endzone in the 4th quarter?
According to the bleacher report, the avg NFL CB is 5'11"....so maybe he IS tall enough..........http://bleacherreport.com/articles/341838-the-big-man-how-the-tall-wide-receiver-is-changing-the-nfl

4.57 still seems slow. He'd better run faster at his proday, or this could cost him million$, and almost guarantee the raiders won't be interested in overpaying him like they do everyone else.

What'd he measure at the Combine? He's listed at 5'11".
Haden looked real good in the drills. He might not have top end speed but he's got top end quickness and change of direction.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Haden looked real good in the drills. He might not have top end speed but he's got top end quickness and change of direction.

He might have top end speed, and he will attempt to prove it at his pro day. Deion was right in his assessment.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Haden will be a good pro and will go top 10. 40 times are overrated. It's the 3 cone and the shuttle drills that will be important.

May hit 4.24 unofficially....draft him!!!!!

This is why the combine is a joke for the most part. Taylor Mays isnt 1/2 the player that Joe Haden is. Great.. he is faster. This isnt a track meet. Its football and Haden is simply a better FB player.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

He might have top end speed, and he will attempt to prove it at his pro day. Deion was right in his assessment.

I agree, I had the same feeling when he ran it. It didn't look natural. That being said, I don't think he's a 4.3 guy. He definitely has the speed to be a #1 though.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

I agree, I had the same feeling when he ran it. It didn't look natural. That being said, I don't think he's a 4.3 guy. He definitely has the speed to be a #1 though.

My guess is he runs a 4.4 at the pro day, at best 4.38/4.39.
Hopefully he'll drop to us now. I'm 100% on board with drafting Haden.

My guess is he runs a 4.4 at the pro day, at best 4.38/4.39.

Exactly what I was thinking. He will run again at his pro day and will run faster. Like Deion said, he was too choached up for the combine and needs to run more natural. he will figure this out and let his talent come though at his pro day... That being said, in recent drafts we have seen the best corner taken from 10-15, they trpically slide out of the top 10.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Haden will be a good pro and will go top 10. 40 times are overrated. It's the 3 cone and the shuttle drills that will be important.

Exactly, I was watching the drills and that is where he stands out. I don't care for
Deion Sanders much, but he does understand the drills.

agree

What'd he measure at the Combine? He's listed at 5'11".

He measured in at 5 ft 10 3/4 inches. Only a quarter inch shorter than the average CB. You'd think CB's would HAVE to be taller than that to guard the 6'4 Colstons, and Fitzgeralds standing in our way of our 6th ring. Not only are they 6inches taller, but they have longer arms. The shorter CB's have a big disadvantage on jump balls.
For comparisons sake........Revis is listed at 6ft , Asomungha is 6-2, and Charles Woodson is 6-1. Arguably the best CB's in the game, and all over 6 foot.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
For comparisons sake........Revis is listed at 6ft , Asomungha is 6-2, and Charles Woodson is 6-1. Arguably the best CB's in the game, and all over 6 foot.

Asante Samuel is 5"10.