LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Joe Haden runs a pedestrian 4.57 on his 40! (Eric Berry at 4.45)

That's too slow. If he's there, I say we pass...
Ouch! That rules out the Raiders.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
That's too slow. If he's there, I say we pass...

Agree, pass.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Sounds a lot like Jenkins fall last year. Reiterates my concerns about him months ago. He looked good because the WRs and QBs in the SEC weren't very good last year. Tough to evaluate a guy in that scenario. I try not to put too much stock in the combine numbers, but personally I just didn't think Haden was special before hand.
Could he play safety? Might be an option at #17.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude, if he drops we pick him up regardless of his 40 time.

Haden at 13!!!
I'm glad no one is overreacting to the 40 yard dash
Yikes! I can run a 4.57...and I'm a 30 year old out of shape fat guy...with a bum knee!
PASS on Haden....Don't want to "switch" a first rounder to safety and have a tweener with our #17. We're better off taking Iupati with that pick IMO.
If Haden in at 13 we better take that guy, people over react so much to 40times. I hate the combine.

Watch film of Haden when he was at Florida thats all you need to see
  • evil
  • Veteran
Quote:
NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who knows a little something about playing defensive back and about running fast 40-yard dashes, said Haden looked uncomfortable from the beginning and even suggested that Haden might be getting some coaching that has made him self-conscious about his running technique.

"First of all, it was a horrible stance," Sanders said of Haden. "I don't know what he's being taught -- sometimes you've just got to let a guy run. Tweak him a little bit but don't try to change everything."

Originally posted by valrod33:
If Haden in at 13 we better take that guy, people over react so much to 40times. I hate the combine.

Funny how people tare into Al Davis, and then react the same way to Combine workouts as him
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
Sounds a lot like Jenkins fall last year. Reiterates my concerns about him months ago. He looked good because the WRs and QBs in the SEC weren't very good last year. Tough to evaluate a guy in that scenario. I try not to put too much stock in the combine numbers, but personally I just didn't think Haden was special before hand.

Malcolm Jenkins: 6′0″, 204 lb, 4.53 40-yard dash

Joe Haden: 5'10 3/4, 193lb, 4.57 40-yard dash
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Funny how people tare into Al Davis, and then react the same way to Combine workouts as him

That would be "tear"
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Could he play safety? Might be an option at #17.

How about we get a safety to play safety? We haven't exactly lit it up trying to convert guys.
And people blame al Davis for taking 40 times too seriously
who cares about 40 times he plays well and shuts down wrs that's all that matters last time I checked people don't run like they do when theyrun the 40 if they do they won't even see where the ball is going

Please don't take the 40 so seriously really the only important thing you need to see in the combine is the drills those show how good a player is going to be
Share 49ersWebzone