There are 181 users in the forums

Joe Haden runs a pedestrian 4.57 on his 40! (Eric Berry at 4.45)

Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
For comparisons sake........Revis is listed at 6ft , Asomungha is 6-2, and Charles Woodson is 6-1. Arguably the best CB's in the game, and all over 6 foot.

you said who is gonna cover Fitzgerald, we had to 6foot CBs in Spencer and Clements who have basically shutdown Fitz the past years when he has played agaisnt us.

Im sorry but you are crazy if you wouldnt want Haden jsut because he is 5'11 and 3/4
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Haden was, by most counts, a top 6 or 7 prospect going into the combine. His slow 40 time will result in a likely slip into the middle part of round one. Haden's case is similar to ex-Ohio State cornerback Malcolm Jenkins, whose poor 40 time last season caused him to slip out of the top 10 to No. 14 on draft day.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/03/02/dbs/index.html?eref=sihp

[ Edited by Jcool on Mar 2, 2010 at 09:47:32 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
For comparisons sake........Revis is listed at 6ft , Asomungha is 6-2, and Charles Woodson is 6-1. Arguably the best CB's in the game, and all over 6 foot.

you said who is gonna cover Fitzgerald, we had to 6foot CBs in Spencer and Clements who have basically shutdown Fitz the past years when he has played agaisnt us.

Im sorry but you are crazy if you wouldnt want Haden jsut because he is 5'11 and 3/4

actually he^s five ten and three quarters...and i dont want him because he^s shorter than the elite cb's...i dont want him because he's slow, we need offensive line worse, and by taking him, we lose out on guys like baluga or Iupati.

actually he^s five ten and three quarters...and i dont want him because he^s shorter than the elite cb's...i dont want him because he's slow, we need offensive line worse, and by taking him, we lose out on guys like baluga or Iupati.

this is great we could take him at 17!

For what its worth Haden says he runs 4.34 consistently at Florida. Id rather have Haden over Spiller at 13.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Asante Samuel, Antoine Winfield & Terrence Newman disagree with the fact that a corner needs to be 6 feet to be elite.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by maximill15:
this is great we could take him at 17!

No chance he gets by Tennessee and Atlanta may look to swap with Seattle or the G-Men if he gets past 13.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Asante Samuel, Antoine Winfield & Terrence Newman disagree with the fact that a corner needs to be 6 feet to be elite.

True and it sure doesn't look like Revis is that tall. I still like him Haden all the way.
If he's there at #13 he's the pick.

allow me to clarify. It's not because he's short that I don't want Haden. It's because he's slow, and we have bigger needs than CB right now. And yes, by selecting haden, We lose either Baluga or Iupati....and have to draft OL in the second round instead of the first. I feel much more confident in a Baluga caliber player vs a Charles Brown tier 2 OT. CB is WAAAAY less of a need than OL IMHO, If baluga is there at #13, I want him, and if Iupati is there at #17, I want him to. If only it were up to me.

....not to mention Safety is a bigger need than CB IMO. I think we're set with Clements, Spencer, Brown, Bly(if we retain him), and possibly a HArris Comeback. I can respect the fact that you think we need another CB tho. We prolly do, I'm just not willing to miss out on a Iupati caliber Guard that can man our weakness for the next decade, and turn our weakness into a strength. I say we take our CB in the 3rd....as it's less of an IMMEDIATE need, besides this year is a Very Deep year for CB's.http://bleacherreport.com/articles/355188-defensive-backs-hit-the-nfl-combine

[ Edited by JizzmasterZero on Mar 2, 2010 at 10:14:40 ]
Originally posted by foreign49er:
If he's there at #13 he's the pick.

I agree. ALl I know is everytime I watched this kid play the game ( and not run on a track) he stuck with his man, played aggressivly, and was a great tackler.

allow me to clarify. It's not because he's short that I don't want Haden. It's because he's slow, and we have bigger needs than CB right now. And yes, by selecting haden, We lose either Baluga or Iupati....and have to draft OL in the second round instead of the first. I feel much more confident in a Baluga caliber player vs a Charles Brown tier 2 OT. CB is WAAAAY less of a need than OL IMHO, If baluga is there at #13, I want him, and if Iupati is there at #17, I want him to. If only it were up to me.

Haden at #13, Williams at #17. What's the issue?
Having Haden fall to us this year, a year after having Crabtree fall to us, would be a sign that the curse of the last decade just might be lifting.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Having Haden fall to us this year, a year after having Crabtree fall to us, would be a sign that the curse of the last decade just might be lifting.

Share 49ersWebzone