LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Joe Haden runs a pedestrian 4.57 on his 40! (Eric Berry at 4.45)

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who knows a little something about playing defensive back and about running fast 40-yard dashes, said Haden looked uncomfortable from the beginning and even suggested that Haden might be getting some coaching that has made him self-conscious about his running technique.

"First of all, it was a horrible stance," Sanders said of Haden. "I don't know what he's being taught -- sometimes you've just got to let a guy run. Tweak him a little bit but don't try to change everything."

I think guys are starting to get coached up just for the combine and are over thinking the evaluation process. I'd still take him and want him at 13 if he's there.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by TX9R:
Sounds a lot like Jenkins fall last year. Reiterates my concerns about him months ago. He looked good because the WRs and QBs in the SEC weren't very good last year. Tough to evaluate a guy in that scenario. I try not to put too much stock in the combine numbers, but personally I just didn't think Haden was special before hand.

Malcolm Jenkins: 6′0″, 204 lb, 4.53 40-yard dash

Joe Haden: 5'10 3/4, 193lb, 4.57 40-yard dash

Jenkins slightly bigger, but both were top 10 picks before the combine. Haden will likely see a similar fall. A top 10 elite CB should have no flaws and be exceptional in every way. Tough to say that now about Haden. Doesn't mean it will drop him out of the top 20.
Hell nah. Snatch this man up immediately with our pick. If we could be so lucky to have him drop to us. Tape never lies.
Perfect now well have a realistic chance of getting him at 13.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I don't want Haden, not because of the 40 time I just dont think CB is a need.
Originally posted by valrod33:
If Haden in at 13 we better take that guy, people over react so much to 40times. I hate the combine.

Watch film of Haden when he was at Florida thats all you need to see

I'm so happy he ran a crappy 40. This gives him a better chance of being there at 13. Best WR falls to us due to doubts about his speed last year, best CB falls to us now due to doubts about his speed?

[ Edited by foreign49er on Mar 2, 2010 at 08:17:32 ]
Originally posted by foreign49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
If Haden in at 13 we better take that guy, people over react so much to 40times. I hate the combine.

Watch film of Haden when he was at Florida thats all you need to see

I'm so happy he ran a crappy 40. This gives him a better chance of being there at 13. Best WR falls to us due to doubts about his speed last year, best CB falls to us now due to doubts about his speed?

damn man im praying for this.
Hell yeah, better chance now that he'll fall to us. I'd love Haden or Spiller @ 13
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
FWIW, Revis was bigger and much faster and went 14.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=33896&draftyear=2007&genpos=CB
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who knows a little something about playing defensive back and about running fast 40-yard dashes, said Haden looked uncomfortable from the beginning and even suggested that Haden might be getting some coaching that has made him self-conscious about his running technique.

"First of all, it was a horrible stance," Sanders said of Haden. "I don't know what he's being taught -- sometimes you've just got to let a guy run. Tweak him a little bit but don't try to change everything."

I think guys are starting to get coached up just for the combine and are over thinking the evaluation process. I'd still take him and want him at 13 if he's there.

Watch him clock 4.4 or under at the UF pro day now.

Haden will be a good pro and will go top 10. 40 times are overrated. It's the 3 cone and the shuttle drills that will be important.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Haden will be a good pro and will go top 10. 40 times are overrated. It's the 3 cone and the shuttle drills that will be important.

May hit 4.24 unofficially....draft him!!!!!

[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 2, 2010 at 08:43:24 ]
He's only 5 ft 10 also! A shutdown corner only 5 ft 10? Can we match him up against fitzgerald and be confident he wont get outjumped at the back of the endzone in the 4th quarter?
According to the bleacher report, the avg NFL CB is 5'11"....so maybe he IS tall enough..........http://bleacherreport.com/articles/341838-the-big-man-how-the-tall-wide-receiver-is-changing-the-nfl

4.57 still seems slow. He'd better run faster at his proday, or this could cost him million$, and almost guarantee the raiders won't be interested in overpaying him like they do everyone else.

[ Edited by JizzmasterZero on Mar 2, 2010 at 08:43:52 ]
Now Mays will move up the boards if he continues his phenomenal drill scores through the rest of them.

damn, I didn't know he could be that fast.

Now, does he become a viable option at #17? To me, heck no because of the value of the rest of this great safety class.

STill...
i put somewhere on this site that i think he's one of the most overratted player. plus he looked ugly/sloopy in the drills.
Share 49ersWebzone