There are 259 users in the forums

Peter King on the 49ers and Tim Tebow ...

Singletary is going to fall in love with Tebow once he meets him after the season? Wow, it is so cool.. I really like Tebow alot.. I hope, he should draft him in late 1st round or 2nd round.. I am worrying about Jag will draft Tebow in late 1st round or before in 2nd round..
Tebow will for sure drop to 2nd round, or perhaps 3rd round. If he is there in 3rd round, sure, take him there. But it is likely Jaguars take the hometown kid in 1st round to boost fan interest and attendance.
King is one of the few sports journalists that accurately predicted the Raiders would take Heyward-Bey and the Niners take Crabtree last year. The guy isn't completely full of it.
I hope not..

Love Tebow, but he'd take far too long before he'd be ready to be "The guy" for us.
Unfortunately, I do see eye to eye with King on this one. Tebow is EXACTLY the kind of player Coach would jizz himself all over for and fall in deep deep love with, Im talking balls deep...

We just have to hope that Scotty and hell, Coach himself, understand that Tebow is not what our team NEEDS and would be a step backwards instead of a step forward...
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Tebow will for sure drop to 2nd round, or perhaps 3rd round. If he is there in 3rd round, sure, take him there. But it is likely Jaguars take the hometown kid in 1st round to boost fan interest and attendance.

Tebow is a 1st rounder. How high in the first will depend on the combine and all star games.
King doesn't appear to be giving Singletary enough credit for being practical. During his Bears career, Mike played with the absolute anti-Tim Tebow (Jim McMahon) and that worked out pretty well for all involved.

Mike knows first-hand that you can win a championship without having a choir boy as your QB.
I don't think there is anyway Tebow falls out of the first round. There are too many teams at the bottom of the draft in need of a QB and too many teams at the top that have aging QBs that Tebow can learn behind.
I think that there are a lot of people here who's taking Tim Tebow too lightly. Compare his demeanor with that of Alex Smith and you see a kid with a lot of spunk and confidence!

This kid is a fighter and I would be very surprised if he went below the first round.
Originally posted by ninerdavenj:
I don't think there is anyway Tebow falls out of the first round. There are too many teams at the bottom of the draft in need of a QB and too many teams at the top that have aging QBs that Tebow can learn behind.

Tebow is going to ace the combine

He is bigger stronger faster and more accurate then Alex smith.

• TX9R
  • Veteran
I can't believe this has made 5 pages. We're talking about peter King here and pure speculation. He had the Bears in the SB this year. he knows dick about anything west of the Mississipi.
I really doubt we draft a QB in the 1st round.
Oh I hope not!!!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I really doubt we draft a QB in the 1st round.

Hopefully Bradford is sitting there at 7 or 8 and we trade up.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Oh I hope not!!!

For real, we have too many holes to draft a project
Share 49ersWebzone