LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Peter King on the 49ers and Tim Tebow ...

Originally posted by AC49er:
If he falls to the 3rd round I would take him, before that no chance

This! Why would we take him in the 1st round?!?! The highest I've seen him projected is 2nd round!
we COULD use a fullback............. just sayin.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd take Tim Tebow on my team any day of the week, regardless of who coached him or what system he came from. I wouldn't take him the 1st round though, and might not even take him in the 2nd either (he's obviously going to need a few years to develop)....but if he slipped to the 3rd somehow, I'd definitely draft him.

Sure... but a 3rd round pick is FAR different than King saying we could take him with the 13th pick of the draft. The Niners suck so bad with 3rd rd picks that one more wont kill them anyway. If the Niners take Tebow with their first rd pick Scott will join Sabean's status as inept GMs.
I would not draft a hybrid QB 'till 2nd day, 4th, 5th, but he will never fall that low, so f**k him.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Another Urban Meyer guy.....& Sing will love Tim's Christian beliefs...
Sorry bur seriously....Im all for Tebow but not in the first round...we have bigger needs.
Originally posted by franchise253:
Either two routes of thought you can really go with Tebow...

The Dungy/Lou Holtz route who would pick him Number #1....

Or everyone else in the world who see's his flaws and not the idiotic bible writings on his cheek.

If we pick him with our 13th pick....it's official....worse franchise than the Warriors.

Whats wrong with Tony Dungy? Oh thats right, he's a christian...
Now I have even more of a reason to hate Peter King.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd take Tim Tebow on my team any day of the week, regardless of who coached him or what system he came from. I wouldn't take him the 1st round though, and might not even take him in the 2nd either (he's obviously going to need a few years to develop)....but if he slipped to the 3rd somehow, I'd definitely draft him.

Sure... but a 3rd round pick is FAR different than King saying we could take him with the 13th pick of the draft. The Niners suck so bad with 3rd rd picks that one more wont kill them anyway. If the Niners take Tebow with their first rd pick Scott will join Sabean's status as inept GMs.

I doubt Tebow would make it past the Jac's second round pick anyway, [around #44]
I just had to Bag on King Peter...
Peter King also said that Kevan Barlow was going to rush for 2000 yards when Barlow took over as the 49ers feature back. A year later he was cut.
Battle Spurlock Robinson. All QBs turned into something else. Yeah dont waste another pick on one. Maybe 6th round.

Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by franchise253:
Either two routes of thought you can really go with Tebow...

The Dungy/Lou Holtz route who would pick him Number #1....

Or everyone else in the world who see's his flaws and not the idiotic bible writings on his cheek.

If we pick him with our 13th pick....it's official....worse franchise than the Warriors.

Whats wrong with Tony Dungy? Oh thats right, he's a christian...

lol
  • kem99
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerdavenj:
Saw this on Sports Illustrated in the Monday Morning Quarterback edition. I have always admired King and think he has a very good knack for the pulse of the NFL. I have to say after reading this I am intrigued ...

2. I think, if I had to guess right now, I'd say the best shot for Tim Tebow on draft day is San Francisco, at number 13. No proof. No solid evidence. Just this: The Niners gave a tepid endorsement to Alex Smith as their quarterback of 2010 after the season; and Mike Singletary didn't draft him; and Singletary is going to fall in love with Tebow once he meets him after the season; and Tebow is the kind of winner that Singletary has preached he wants since he took the job from Mike Nolan in mid-2008. After Singletary meets Tebow at the Scouting Combine, this is my prediction of his reaction: He'll turn to GM Scot McCloughan and say, "That's my guy. We've got to have him.''

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/17/mmqb/4.html#ixzz0cz4VWakP
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

The flip side of this might be that the 49ers are the least likely team to take Tebow given that Tebow is coming out of the same system as Smith and Smith's passing numbers at Utah his final year were actually better than any year Tebow was at Florida. The 49ers know better than anyone how Tebow was taught and what to expect from him coming in in terms of being ready to play in the NFL. Regardless of whether you are pro or anti-Smith, we can all agree that he had a ways to go to be NFL-ready when he came out in the draft. With those struggles in mind, unless Tebow just blows people away at the Combine and in the individual workouts leading up to the draft, I just do not see the 49ers being interested in the 1st round. At the same time, if he's still there, I bet some team at the end of the 1st or top of the 2nd round takes a flier on him. Either way, I would be surprised if the 49ers were in the mix.
Peter King is a douchebag. Why anyone would listen to anything he has to say in regards to football is completely beyond me.
Why would you want another Alex Smith?
  • NinersPC
  • Info N/A
King sometimes has good stories, but TERRIBLE analysis.

And yeah, like almost everyone else here, I'll be pretty mad if we draft Tebow at #13 while all the other teams laugh their a$$es off.
Share 49ersWebzone