LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Peter King on the 49ers and Tim Tebow ...

1a. Mike Iupati
1b. Perrish Cox
2. Tim Tebow
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I like Teabow but taking him at #13 and having another Qb that needs work on his fundamentals and mechanics. Great
if we draft tebow i will fly to SF and cut both of his f**king legs off. That f**k will not play for the 49ers as long as im alive
I might be alright with second round for him. However, if free agency treats us well (which is unlikely), I do have a problem acquiring him with our second first rounder (which they may trade back) or maybe he will slip to the second round... However, since free agency likely won't have much happen at all, I just ddo not see it happening...
this just in from peter king....niners likely to sign gordie lockbaum because he is singletary's type of guy...also the yorks are thrilled about the possibility of paying 1 player to play both offense & defense
I like Tebow but in the 3rd round not 1st or 2nd. Too many holes to fill and he wouldn't be able to help us this year or the next one.
HEY I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION BUT WHO FRIKIN DECIDES WHO COACHES THE SENIOR BOWL???? SHOULDNT IT BE A NON PLAYOFF TEAM???? THE JAGS ARE BUT MARV LEWIS AND HIS BOYS ARE COACHING THE OTHER SIDE WHATS UP WITH THAT?
Originally posted by cooper49er:
HEY I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION BUT WHO FRIKIN DECIDES WHO COACHES THE SENIOR BOWL???? SHOULDNT IT BE A NON PLAYOFF TEAM???? THE JAGS ARE BUT MARV LEWIS AND HIS BOYS ARE COACHING THE OTHER SIDE WHATS UP WITH THAT?

I DONT KNOW HOW ITS DECIDED IT MUST BE OBAMAS FAULT. THATS THE ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER
I'm a Tebow fan, but I agree that we shouldn't use a 1st round on him. If he's available in the 3rd, which i highly doubt, then yes, we select him.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Peter King is full of s**t and talking out his ass.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by cooper49er:

I DONT KNOW HOW ITS DECIDED IT MUST BE OBAMAS FAULT. THATS THE ONLY LOGICAL ANSWER

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
We have had so much success with an Urban Meyer quarterback playing from a spread offense that of course it makes sense to draft another that high!

Exactly, Yikes!! Do we really want to go back to the Urban Meyer well so soon while Alex is slow to develop if he ever will at all.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Peter King's kinda right.

Both Singletary and Tebow are Bible thumpers and Tebow is LIGHT YEARS ahead Alex in terms of intangibles and leadership skills.

It all depends on the Senior Bowl practices though. If Tebow is throwing darts out of a pro style offense, I'd be open to drafting him and I'm not a Tebow fan either. Maybe late first round after a trade down and after the RT has been drafted at #13.

Smith's leadership skills aren't whats holding him back... Its his ability to move through his progressions and hit receivers in stride... and, at this point, he light years ahead of Tebow in that department.

If we drafted another Urban Meyer QB, we would be the laughing stock of the league and McCloughan would be forced to immediately tender his resignation... And Im actually a Scotty M supporter.
Originally posted by Stuuk:
Of course just speculation by Peter King but I really hope this doesnt pan out come Draft Day!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/17/mmqb/4.html

Quote:
2. I think, if I had to guess right now, I'd say the best shot for Tim Tebow on draft day is San Francisco, at number 13. No proof. No solid evidence. Just this: The Niners gave a tepid endorsement to Alex Smith as their quarterback of 2010 after the season; and Mike Singletary didn't draft him; and Singletary is going to fall in love with Tebow once he meets him after the season; and Tebow is the kind of winner that Singletary has preached he wants since he took the job from Mike Nolan in mid-2008. After Singletary meets Tebow at the Scouting Combine, this is my prediction of his reaction: He'll turn to GM Scot McCloughan and say, "That's my guy. We've got to have him.''

Need and OT in the first round. Not waste a pick on a QB slated to be taken in the second round
Share 49ersWebzone