LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 352 users in the forums

Peter King on the 49ers and Tim Tebow ...

Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by ninerdavenj:
I don't think there is anyway Tebow falls out of the first round. There are too many teams at the bottom of the draft in need of a QB and too many teams at the top that have aging QBs that Tebow can learn behind.

Tebow is going to ace the combine

He is bigger stronger faster and more accurate then Alex smith.

Yup, and he has that leadership quality that most coaches are looking for!

Something that Alex Smith really needs to develop, in addition to developing a fiery side such as Tebow has shown with his teamates.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I don't think there is anyway Tebow falls out of the first round. There are too many teams at the bottom of the draft in need of a QB and too many teams at the top that have aging QBs that Tebow can learn behind.

Something that Alex Smith really needs to develop, in addition to developing a fiery side such as Tebow has shown with his teamates.

Yeah. Too bad he doesn't have that "NFL throwing ability" you need in a QB.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:

kind of easy to show all those traits when you're on the most talented team.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'd take Tim Tebow on my team any day of the week, regardless of who coached him or what system he came from. I wouldn't take him the 1st round though, and might not even take him in the 2nd either (he's obviously going to need a few years to develop)....but if he slipped to the 3rd somehow, I'd definitely draft him.

Sure... but a 3rd round pick is FAR different than King saying we could take him with the 13th pick of the draft. The Niners suck so bad with 3rd rd picks that one more wont kill them anyway. If the Niners take Tebow with their first rd pick Scott will join Sabean's status as inept GMs.

haha, I knew you'd find a way to take a shot at Sabean, even when discussing the 49ers.

Yah, there's no way on this earth or any other planet we select Tebow in the 1st round.

I dont think the Niners would even take Sam Bradford at #13 let alone Tebow. I can just imagine the webzone if that happened though.

I can too.

~Ceadder
Come on people Alex Smith doesnt need Tebow. He just needs a Dick Butkus Speach!
Originally posted by GameOver:
Unfortunately, I do see eye to eye with King on this one. Tebow is EXACTLY the kind of player Coach would jizz himself all over for and fall in deep deep love with, Im talking balls deep...

We just have to hope that Scotty and hell, Coach himself, understand that Tebow is not what our team NEEDS and would be a step backwards instead of a step forward...

Can we dispense the connotations and innuendos?

~Ceadder
Originally posted by miked1978:
I wouldn't mind getting him with our 2nd pick depending on what he shows at the senior bowl.

I know im only 1 or 2 people on this board with that opinion too.

Dude if tebow has a good senior bowl he is going top ten at least eight to jacksonville
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I wouldn't mind getting him with our 2nd pick depending on what he shows at the senior bowl.

I know im only 1 or 2 people on this board with that opinion too.

Dude if tebow has a good senior bowl he is going top ten at least eight to jacksonville

Yep and he will play 2 to 3 games then out for the season when Ray Lewis hits him in the mouth Oakland should draft him with there first rd pick. Then the'll have a Qb with leadership but no Nfl skills and a blurr at Wr with no hands
No chance in he gets past jax with him on the jags the fanbase doubles.
I'd take Tim Tebow on my team any day of the week, regardless of who coached him or what system he came from. I wouldn't take him the 1st round though, and might not even take him in the 2nd either (he's obviously going to need a few years to develop)....but if he slipped to the 3rd somehow, I'd definitely draft him.

I'd take him in the second.

Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Peter King is full of s**t and talking out his ass.
God, Peter King is a putz.

We need another Strong Safety (since Lewis is a concussion case), we need a Tackle, we need a Guard, we need another blocking TE, and we need depth at CB....and our current starter threw 18 TDs in 10.5 games...and this douche nozzle says we're gonna draft a QB in the first round.

Does he even try? Ugh. What a numbnuts, sh*t for brains @ssclown.
i would love to get Tebow. I am on boared with Tony Dungy thinking he is going to be a good NFL QB. I would love to pick him up. but not with # 13. i would say if he is there in 2nd round i would pull hte trigger.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:

I'd take him in the second.

I cannot see him falling to the 3rd, because some established team out there is gonna love his intangibles and think they can stash and develop him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I know Peter King was just throwing it out there, but I have a lot of confidence that it won't happen. For one, if Tebow was drafted in the 1st, it would surely mean Alex's days as a 9er are numbered, and would have Tebow looking over his shoulder as he counts the days till Smith eff's up. I think McCloughan will give Smith the shot to fully redeem himself without any pressure from another QB, like he had in the past with Shaun Hill and JT O'Sullivan, and with the same system. I've been one of Smith's biggest critic's in the past, but I'm in full support of Smith going into this 2010 season. With that said, I really do hope that we draft a QB though, just not in the 1st round, and hopefully end up with Sean Canfield, not at all sold on Nate Davis, but would like to see if he can out-play Hill in Pre-season.

Smith, Davis, Canfield.

And if Smith does not work out, next year would be a pretty good year to pick up a veteran I think.
Share 49ersWebzone