LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

***AB's 2010 Collaborative Mock Draft Thread***

• krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I approve it.

about 2 1/2 hours away from having 3 teams on the clock. so at 13:09 does Tampa go on the clock.

Which would be funny as hell if they take Suh before the other two make their pick.

[ Edited by krizay on Jan 16, 2010 at 10:34:48 ]
My pick has been made & still stand by my trade even though I agree with everything that is being said. I offered a trade and it was accepted. I wanted a player, made an offer, it was accepted, and my player was selected. My reason above was stated why I felt the need to trade up.
Originally posted by AC49er:
My pick has been made & still stand by my trade even though I agree with everything that is being said. I offered a trade and it was accepted. I wanted a player, made an offer, it was accepted, and my player was selected. My reason above was stated why I felt the need to trade up.

I actually have no problem with the trade, I actually think STL might shop the pick, and try and get more picks to rebuild instead of laying it all on 1 player.

I think it was a great trade. Schwartz clearly needs help everywhere, and the talent that Suh provides outweighs McCoy's and then seriously drops with Williams and Cody compared to Suh. There is decent depth in the OL in the 2nd and 3rd, same with WR. Overall, for just a 4th rounder, well worth the trade up.

Also, great trade for Rams. They've invested two high picks on the DL (Carriker and Long), high pick on MLB (Laurenitis), and money invested in FS (Owtogue). What they need the most is to improve the OL so Jackson can produce, and Okung would be too high at #1, but perfect for #2.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by krizay:
I am here & I proposed the trade! Hate all you want on it but Suh is a once in a decade player. The drop off from him to McCoy is too much. Yes Im aware my team has holes all over the field but Suh can anchor my D for years and make everyone around him better. (See Haynesworth) Yes I gave up a 4th rounder but let me remind you I am Detroit and my team has been horrible for years! We need impact players and Suh is the biggest there is out there.

But here's the problem with your trade. Your 4th rounder had no impact on anything. The Rams wouldn't trade Suh for just a 4th round pick. Which means he's looking at a QB. Nor would the Rams accept just a 4th from anybody behind you. So you're 4th isn't securing your spot from another team.

You're just giving it away. With that said in this 2-3 round mock I suppose giving up a 4th is moot. All this did was waste all sorts of time.

I wouldn't approve this trade for a few reasons. First the value isn't even close to accurate. According to the "draft trade chart", which we know isn't law, but a good estimator of value, the move from the first overall pick to the second is worth a mid second rounder.

There is no way a team trades back just for a 4th. Just a bit lower than the Lions would surely be told that for a high 3rd rounder or so they could jump up, and there would be takers.

Second, just in terms of setting precident for this mock, trades should really try not to involve picks that don't affect the draft. Trading a 4th rounder that will never be used, in a trade that is virtually impossible to see happening in the real world, is just a waste of time.

If we are going to spend hours every pick trying to trade away late rounder, future draft picks and etc.., to trying a play Madden draft with this thing, it will take months to complete.

It's one thing, if for example, I traded back from the Titans pick to a very late first rounder for a low 2nd or early 3rd round pick. It's a realistic trade and one that affects the rounds we are dealing with in this draft. Even if as a part of the trade a late rounder was involved somehow, the principle parts of the trade matter for the sake of this mock.

But this trade is essentially giving away the top pick and talent in the draft for nothing both in real world terms (WAY undervalued) and in terms of this mock it's completely worthless.

Obviously the Rams aren't taking Suh, so why don't they just take the player they like, let the Lions take Suh and get this thing moving?

The Ram save MILLIONS of dollars by trading back one spot and they still get the player they want. The Lions give up a pick in a round that is hit or miss to select the player they want and to keep Tampa Bay from jumping them to select Suh. I don't see a problem with it as the "draft value chart" is outdated with the ridiculous salary players receive in the top 10. If there is a rookie cap put in place before the draft then those top picks are gold but right now they are more like lead imo.
  • evil
  • Veteran
FYI - Seattle will listen to offers for either pick.
Do I hear Crickets lol
I don't mean to be a jerk, but with the news of Gaines Adams passing... Does Chicago now get their 2nd round pick back?

[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 17, 2010 at 09:03:57 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Do I hear Crickets lol

I'm thinking we should of had a minimum post requirement to sign up or something. Phost whores only or somehting.
Do I hear Crickets lol

I'm thinking we should of had a minimum post requirement to sign up or something. Phost whores only or somehting.

i agree, definately with a 8 person draft or even 16 person if we want to do 2 team per member.

just PM'd SacRock.
Do I hear Crickets lol

Ouch, lil harsh there, how bout veterans only???
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Do I hear Crickets lol

yeah, definately veterans would have priority 1st and foremost.
Do I hear Crickets lol

Thanks again for setting this up AB, I definitely understand the whole "college controls my life" deal...there's a reason why I'm a vet with only 750 posts, lol
Do I hear Crickets lol

Thanks again for setting this up AB, I definitely understand the whole "college controls my life" deal...there's a reason why I'm a vet with only 750 posts, lol

you got it buddy.

I usually do this type(32 Members) once or twice a yr, then a 8 Member and maybe a 16 member draft.
Share 49ersWebzone