LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 320 users in the forums

***AB's 2010 Collaborative Mock Draft Thread***

Cowboys are whilling to trade for Boldin or Marshall or a good WR
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:
If were doing a division one, I would like to be part of that too

and as the proposed trade goes, I think it's a terrible trade. To use the ravens and browns as an example is apples and oranges. The drop in talent at the 12 to 13 is way more significant then 1 to 2.

Also there is a strong chance the rams don't pick suh so thier best bet is to wait and see imho

I approved so if AB or teeohh want to veto, that's fine.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

and as the proposed trade goes, I think it's a terrible trade. To use the ravens and browns as an example is apples and oranges. The drop in talent at the 12 to 13 is way more significant then 1 to 2.

Also there is a strong chance the rams don't pick suh so thier best bet is to wait and see imho

If you aprove, then let them pick and get this moving then
or do you need 3 yes' first?
  • evil
  • Veteran

Really ? With Austin being a RFA they will have to re-up or risk losing him (he had 74 catches 1230 yards and 11 TD's) and coupled with the money they are paying Roy Williams, I can't see that happening. I believe they also have very little cap space ATM.
  • evil
  • Veteran

It's more of if they disprove, and I don't think Pat asked either but I could be wrong. Hoping someone will show soon to let their thoughts be known on it.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Well technically we still haven't heard word from the Detroit owner that he actually wanted to do the trade.

19 hours and all we got to show for anything is a dumb trade that will never ever happen.

What's even better is the guy will be on the clock again with the #2 pick.

Really ? With Austin being a RFA they will have to re-up or risk losing him (he had 74 catches 1230 yards and 11 TD's) and coupled with the money they are paying Roy Williams, I can't see that happening. I believe they also have very little cap space ATM.

Austin will be resigned
R Williams has an insentive based deal.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=35

so I don't see it as a problem
and!!!!! There currently is no cap
I am here & I proposed the trade! Hate all you want on it but Suh is a once in a decade player. The drop off from him to McCoy is too much. Yes Im aware my team has holes all over the field but Suh can anchor my D for years and make everyone around him better. (See Haynesworth) Yes I gave up a 4th rounder but let me remind you I am Detroit and my team has been horrible for years! We need impact players and Suh is the biggest there is out there.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AC49er:
I am here & I proposed the trade! Hate all you want on it but Suh is a once in a decade player. The drop off from him to McCoy is too much. Yes Im aware my team has holes all over the field but Suh can anchor my D for years and make everyone around him better. (See Haynesworth) Yes I gave up a 4th rounder but let me remind you I am Detroit and my team has been horrible for years! We need impact players and Suh is the biggest there is out there.

But here's the problem with your trade. Your 4th rounder had no impact on anything. The Rams wouldn't trade Suh for just a 4th round pick. Which means he's looking at a QB. Nor would the Rams accept just a 4th from anybody behind you. So you're 4th isn't securing your spot from another team.

You're just giving it away. With that said in this 2-3 round mock I suppose giving up a 4th is moot. All this did was waste all sorts of time.
Is this thing ever going to happen? I think the real draft will finish before this...

Originally posted by krizay:

But here's the problem with your trade. Your 4th rounder had no impact on anything. The Rams wouldn't trade Suh for just a 4th round pick. Which means he's looking at a QB. Nor would the Rams accept just a 4th from anybody behind you. So you're 4th isn't securing your spot from another team.

You're just giving it away. With that said in this 2-3 round mock I suppose giving up a 4th is moot. All this did was waste all sorts of time.

I wouldn't approve this trade for a few reasons. First the value isn't even close to accurate. According to the "draft trade chart", which we know isn't law, but a good estimator of value, the move from the first overall pick to the second is worth a mid second rounder.

There is no way a team trades back just for a 4th. Just a bit lower than the Lions would surely be told that for a high 3rd rounder or so they could jump up, and there would be takers.

Second, just in terms of setting precident for this mock, trades should really try not to involve picks that don't affect the draft. Trading a 4th rounder that will never be used, in a trade that is virtually impossible to see happening in the real world, is just a waste of time.

If we are going to spend hours every pick trying to trade away late rounder, future draft picks and etc.., to trying a play Madden draft with this thing, it will take months to complete.

It's one thing, if for example, I traded back from the Titans pick to a very late first rounder for a low 2nd or early 3rd round pick. It's a realistic trade and one that affects the rounds we are dealing with in this draft. Even if as a part of the trade a late rounder was involved somehow, the principle parts of the trade matter for the sake of this mock.

But this trade is essentially giving away the top pick and talent in the draft for nothing both in real world terms (WAY undervalued) and in terms of this mock it's completely worthless.

Obviously the Rams aren't taking Suh, so why don't they just take the player they like, let the Lions take Suh and get this thing moving?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

I wouldn't approve this trade for a few reasons. First the value isn't even close to accurate. According to the "draft trade chart", which we know isn't law, but a good estimator of value, the move from the first overall pick to the second is worth a mid second rounder.

There is no way a team trades back just for a 4th. Just a bit lower than the Lions would surely be told that for a high 3rd rounder or so they could jump up, and there would be takers.

Second, just in terms of setting precident for this mock, trades should really try not to involve picks that don't affect the draft. Trading a 4th rounder that will never be used, in a trade that is virtually impossible to see happening in the real world, is just a waste of time.

If we are going to spend hours every pick trying to trade away late rounder, future draft picks and etc.., to trying a play Madden draft with this thing, it will take months to complete.

It's one thing, if for example, I traded back from the Titans pick to a very late first rounder for a low 2nd or early 3rd round pick. It's a realistic trade and one that affects the rounds we are dealing with in this draft. Even if as a part of the trade a late rounder was involved somehow, the principle parts of the trade matter for the sake of this mock.

But this trade is essentially giving away the top pick and talent in the draft for nothing both in real world terms (WAY undervalued) and in terms of this mock it's completely worthless.

Obviously the Rams aren't taking Suh, so why don't they just take the player they like, let the Lions take Suh and get this thing moving?

I approve it.
Share 49ersWebzone