There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the best Quarteback?

Who is the best Quarteback?

Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
As a Notre Dame diehard, I really think Clausen would benefit from another year in school. I look forward to seeing what Dayne Crist can do, eventually, but another year for Jimmy would be his best move, as far as learning more, and as higher draft pick.

STAY JIMMY! STAY!

I thought Jimmy was all hype prior to this year, but now I think he could be the #1 QB in NEXT YEAR's draft.

If he comes out this year...

He was very hyped, yes, but he had talent beyond his years even at 15. I was still living in LA- a few miles south from Westlake HS- when I first heard about him. Scouts were saying that most college QBs didn't have his skill-set/ability when JC was 15. And those same college QBs paled in comparison when sharing the same field in 7-on-7 passing leagues. He used to spend summers with his brothers who were both QBs at Tennessee. By the time he entered HS, he had no equal. He went 42-0 as starter. It's crazy because he had Wendell Tylers' son to hand off to, and Clay Matthews Jr talking on the other side of the ball.
[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Oct 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM ]
Should ponder from FSU be on the list?
  • crzy
  • Veteran
As a Notre Dame diehard, I really think Clausen would benefit from another year in school. I look forward to seeing what Dayne Crist can do, eventually, but another year for Jimmy would be his best move, as far as learning more, and as higher draft pick.

STAY JIMMY! STAY!

I thought Jimmy was all hype prior to this year, but now I think he could be the #1 QB in NEXT YEAR's draft.

Clausen is going to be the #1 pick this year. I'm sure of it.
Originally posted by jta854:

One might Ponder that...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm still against drafting a QB this year, but Ryan Mallett has looked pretty damn good.

I agree. And he had a very good game against Florida, kept his team in the game and didn't make any mistakes. Is that guy really 6'7"?? He has to be the tallest QB evar!!!
I think who is the best quarteback. I like Tebow, he is thick a player and heavy weight like FB? ofc.. But he is work hard for qb and can threw the ball and nice quick to read when he threw it. he learned the process that quick time.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I'm still against drafting a QB this year, but Ryan Mallett has looked pretty damn good.

I agree. And he had a very good game against Florida, kept his team in the game and didn't make any mistakes. Is that guy really 6'7"?? He has to be the tallest QB evar!!!

Yea man I was thinking the same thing. He was looking over everyone.
Right now, it has to be Clausen. He plays in a pro style offense and has kept his team in every game, even with as tough a schedule as Notre Dame has played. My second pick would be Locker because of his physical tools and working in a pro style offense under Sarkisian. The previous Big 3 prospects - Bradford (injured), Snead (under performing) and McCoy (good but not great) are not even in the running if the other two come out early.
Originally posted by crzy:

STAY JIMMY! STAY!

I don't want him to leave.
Originally posted by jta854:

me thinks so too.
Originally posted by crzy:

STAY JIMMY! STAY!

I don't want him to leave.

If Clausen declares, I think his name will certainly generate interest as a possible #1 overall, but I'm not convinced that's where he'll go.

I won't pretend to be an expert on him - I've only watched about 6 games of his over the past two years. And I have liked some of the things I've seen from him THIS year (pocket presence, much improved decision making, arm strength come to mind). But I don't think he's ready for the NFL yet. He's improving but he's not "there" yet imo.

I'd like to see him stay another year. But who knows what happens - this year's QB class isn't shaping up as strong as expected and his stock is on the rise. There are also things like potential changes to the rookie cap and/or a lockout on the horizon, which might make him want to come out this year.
McCoy 64% of his throws are 5 yards or less according to ESPN

...and people called Harrell a system QB

link
Clausen's stock rises and rises.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

During halftime on NBC's coverage of last night's ND game, when asked which QB Clausen compares to Tony Dungy said Drew Brees based on how fiery of a competitor he is and his accuracy as a passer.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

During halftime on NBC's coverage of last night's ND game, when asked which QB Clausen compares to Tony Dungy said Drew Brees based on how fiery of a competitor he is and his accuracy as a passer.

why does dungy never look at the camera? Kinda bugs me for some reason.