There are 290 users in the forums

Who is the best Quarteback?

Who is the best Quarteback?

Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I'd probably take Jimmy Clausen over the group of them.

That was a very impressive performance today against USC. Very smart player. Knew when to throw the ball away, moves well in the pocket, and steps into throws, even when the rush is in his face.

He's a really savvy QB, and has enough arm strength to play at the next level.

Well there goes your webzone credibility because you chose a ND QB.

I too would take Clausen and some reasons you may have left out....good leadership ability and a true competitor. Poised, mentally and physically tough and tenacious.

That being said the WZ for the most part would not agree with the 49ers if they chose Clausen I bet. If his name is not Theismann or Montana then he is just another ND QB waiting to bust around these parts. I personally think staying in school to continue to work on his game and gain another year of experience would be the best thing he could do for himself.

The thing I want to see from a college QB is the ability to make good decisions, and solid throws, when faced with guys in his face. That is why I was so high on Matt Ryan a few years ago. He played at a high level, even though his offensive line was a sieve his senior year.

Clausen looked very smooth and polished, even though facing a tough USC front four, who was in his face much of the game.

On the flipside, I am very hesitant to believe Bradford will be a big-time NFL QB since his jersey was perfectly white all last year (his OL was phenomenal). Virtually any QB can be a star in the NFL if they are given a perfect pocket and plenty of time to throw. Show me a guy who is having guys in his face all day, and yet steps into his throws, flows outside of the pocket when facing pressure, and unloads the ball out of bounds when nothing is down the field, and you have a player who has a real chance to make an impact.

That is why I am grading Clausen above the rest right now. He seems to "get it".
Originally posted by BobS:
After watching McCoy against Oklahoma, I take back all the good things I said about him, he did not respond well to the defensive pressure.

Didn't step into his throws. Very disappointing effort.
Clausen without a doubt because he is playing in a pro style offense and lighting it up consistently against tough competition.
Tyrod TMobile Taylor would kill in this offense aha...
Maybe it's just me but nobody is impressing me at all.
Originally posted by lamontb:

especially the supposed top 3 Snead McCoy and Bradford

ones got a glass frame..ones got a glass brain.. and one has glass nerves..you sort them out lol..
Originally posted by islandink:

ones got a glass frame..ones got a glass brain.. and one has glass nerves..you sort them out lol..

I feel like Bradford might be the next Alex Smith...
Colt McCoy will be the next Vince Young...
Snead, he just looks bad

That was a very impressive performance today against USC. Very smart player. Knew when to throw the ball away, moves well in the pocket, and steps into throws, even when the rush is in his face.

I too would take Clausen and some reasons you may have left out....good leadership ability and a true competitor. Poised, mentally and physically tough and tenacious.

That being said the WZ for the most part would not agree with the 49ers if they chose Clausen I bet. If his name is not Theismann or Montana then he is just another ND QB waiting to bust around these parts. I personally think staying in school to continue to work on his game and gain another year of experience would be the best thing he could do for himself.

The thing I want to see from a college QB is the ability to make good decisions, and solid throws, when faced with guys in his face. That is why I was so high on Matt Ryan a few years ago. He played at a high level, even though his offensive line was a sieve his senior year.

Clausen looked very smooth and polished, even though facing a tough USC front four, who was in his face much of the game.

On the flipside, I am very hesitant to believe Bradford will be a big-time NFL QB since his jersey was perfectly white all last year (his OL was phenomenal). Virtually any QB can be a star in the NFL if they are given a perfect pocket and plenty of time to throw. Show me a guy who is having guys in his face all day, and yet steps into his throws, flows outside of the pocket when facing pressure, and unloads the ball out of bounds when nothing is down the field, and you have a player who has a real chance to make an impact.

That is why I am grading Clausen above the rest right now. He seems to "get it".

Clausen will probably stay for his senior year, as do most ND QB's. But I do agree with you on all points....yes I'm a ND homer!! Watching his growth the past 3 years is remarkable, he went from horrible, to bad, to holy s**t amazing. I think he returns to ND along with Tate and they should make a decent run for a serious bowl game next year.
Jamarcus Russell
Originally posted by islandink:

Yea I like how Clausen, and Mallet are looking but I think they both need another year. Barkley looks ok but needs time to develop. Just watching these games and looking at all these qb's taking nothing but shotgun snaps you just start to realize these guys aren't gonna pan out. They aren't learning how to make multiple reads and go through progressions. they all look soft like they aren't used to any pressure. They just look soft. They have no intangibles, no swagger or anything.

• TX9R
  • Veteran

Agreed. I do like how Clausen has responded after the beating he took the last 2 years. He's doing very well on what's really a sub par team with a famous helmet. But he should stay another year. Considering the lack of competition though he may pull a Sanchez and come out tooo early based on his possible draft slot.
I hate to say it, but Colt has regressed to the Colt of 2 years ago. He is too focused on getting the ball to Shipley and not making good read. Also seems a bit shell shocked as the line has not been as good as advertised.
I''ve been on record for over a year that I don't think Bradford will adapt well in the NFL.
Originally posted by TX9R:

Agreed. I do like how Clausen has responded after the beating he took the last 2 years. He's doing very well on what's really a sub par team with a famous helmet. But he should stay another year. Considering the lack of competition though he may pull a Sanchez and come out tooo early based on his possible draft slot.
I hate to say it, but Colt has regressed to the Colt of 2 years ago. He is too focused on getting the ball to Shipley and not making good read. Also seems a bit shell shocked as the line has not been as good as advertised.
I''ve been on record for over a year that I don't think Bradford will adapt well in the NFL.

With the shoulder injuries he has had I'm not sure many teams will look at him
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
locker for sure tall good speed and height rocket arm and accuracy and he plays in a pro style offense.........
  • pd24
  • Veteran
I think if ND gets rid of Charlie Weis than Clausen will come out. I like him and Mallet.

What about Locker? He supposed to be the flavor of the month. What is not to like about him?
Share 49ersWebzone