There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

**William Moore bandwagon**

  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
After watching Roman today, , i'm all for it. The niners NEED a ball hawk

Again with Roman today!!!!

William Moore 2009

if we took William Moore at pick 10 I would stop following the niners, and lose all faith in the organization, thatd be a bigger reach in terms of trade value than any pick we made last year (and last year was a joke).


if we traded back, picked up a second, and took Moore around 20, then we'll be talking.

That would be pretty ridiculous don't you think. And I bet my hard earned money (which isn't much) that if we took Moore with the top 10 pick you'd still watch the 9ers.

This is the same situation that was going on with Laron Landry last year, than after he ran that 4.3 40 is was all over and back in the top 10 he went.
Well tomorrow night we get to see him in action in the Alamo Bowl. I am not quite sure he's a good value at #10 right now, but that all can change. I still prefer him over Mays though.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
After watching Roman today, , i'm all for it. The niners NEED a ball hawk

Again with Roman today!!!!

William Moore 2009

if we took William Moore at pick 10 I would stop following the niners, and lose all faith in the organization, thatd be a bigger reach in terms of trade value than any pick we made last year (and last year was a joke).


if we traded back, picked up a second, and took Moore around 20, then we'll be talking.

That would be pretty ridiculous don't you think. And I bet my hard earned money (which isn't much) that if we took Moore with the top 10 pick you'd still watch the 9ers.

This is the same situation that was going on with Laron Landry last year, than after he ran that 4.3 40 is was all over and back in the top 10 he went.

Yeah I definitely over-exaggerated, I'd still always follow my niners, but I would despise McGloughan. Landry was a much better prospect coming out (top 15), had a great senior year, and ran record breaking times for a safety. William Moore had a pretty mediocre year this year, and will not come close to Landry's speed measurables. He's been solid in the NFL, but as the 6th overall pick and being paid more than the best of them, has proven to be terrible value. There will be an ELITE, fairly can't miss prospect on the board at ten, so there's no reason not to trade back at the very least, picking up a third rounder (for our future RT, such as Alex Boone).
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,136
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
After watching Roman today, , i'm all for it. The niners NEED a ball hawk

Again with Roman today!!!!

William Moore 2009

if we took William Moore at pick 10 I would stop following the niners, and lose all faith in the organization, thatd be a bigger reach in terms of trade value than any pick we made last year (and last year was a joke).


if we traded back, picked up a second, and took Moore around 20, then we'll be talking.

That would be pretty ridiculous don't you think. And I bet my hard earned money (which isn't much) that if we took Moore with the top 10 pick you'd still watch the 9ers.

This is the same situation that was going on with Laron Landry last year, than after he ran that 4.3 40 is was all over and back in the top 10 he went.

Yeah I definitely over-exaggerated, I'd still always follow my niners, but I would despise McGloughan. Landry was a much better prospect coming out (top 15), had a great senior year, and ran record breaking times for a safety. William Moore had a pretty mediocre year this year, and will not come close to Landry's speed measurables. He's been solid in the NFL, but as the 6th overall pick and being paid more than the best of them, has proven to be terrible value. There will be an ELITE, fairly can't miss prospect on the board at ten, so there's no reason not to trade back at the very least, picking up a third rounder (for our future RT, such as Alex Boone).

I can agree with that, after all Landry had a eye popping high 4.3 40. Not many players can run that, but I tell you what he doesn't play that fast. If you have watched both Moore and Landry, IMO, they play up to the same speed and both play pretty fast. Moore might run a little bit of a slower 40 but I bet still in the 4.4 range. Some claim he has clocked in the 4.38-4.40 range
Link , but we will have to see since packing on 15-20 pounds.
William's moore stock has been falling and now it has reach a new low as louis delmas has passed him for that #1 safety. Would you want moore in the second?http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074
Originally posted by thuglife619:
William's moore stock has been falling and now it has reach a new low as louis delmas has passed him for that #1 safety. Would you want moore in the second?http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074

^hope that helps^

[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 24, 2009 at 12:28:37 ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
William's moore stock has been falling and now it has reach a new low as louis delmas has passed him for that #1 safety. Would you want moore in the second?http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074

^hope that helps^

Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
William's moore stock has been falling and now it has reach a new low as louis delmas has passed him for that #1 safety. Would you want moore in the second?http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/news/story?id=3853074&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fnews%2fstory%3fid%3d3853074

^hope that helps^


I would be all for it if he falls to the second but I would like to see us take one of the top RBs there too.
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
I would be all for it if he falls to the second but I would like to see us take one of the top RBs there too.

Yup yup, i'll take Moore in the 2nd. But i had hopes on landing a RB like Javon Ringer somewhere around there.

I don't know if i can see us going defense with the first two picks.
The William Moore bandwagon lost a tuba player, a french horn, and the girl who plays the triangle this week at the Senior Bowl.
Pretty soon, he'll be left with the guy who clashes the hubcaps, and a violinist with two strings.

The ship is sinking. Jump out while you can.

P.S. I've seen three-legged dogs with better change of direction skills.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 25, 2009 at 18:15:13 ]
2nd round maybe
Don't we already have a safety that always hurt?
He's a stud...top-ranked S by many accounts. Still, if I'm Singletary, and I have a chance to grab a B.J. Raji, Orakpo, Everette Brown, or one of the top OT's, I think I'd have to go that way. I could be wrong, but upgrading S seems to be 3rd or 4th on his list of priorities. If he grabs one of those guys, he still has someone like Nic Harris, who's another banger that he could take in the 2nd round. If he takes Moore with his 1st pick, then the quality of DL, pass rushers and OT's drops off quite a bit in 2nd round.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,986
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's a stud...top-ranked S by many accounts. Still, if I'm Singletary, and I have a chance to grab a B.J. Raji, Orakpo, Everette Brown, or one of the top OT's, I think I'd have to go that way. I could be wrong, but upgrading S seems to be 3rd or 4th on his list of priorities. If he grabs one of those guys, he still has someone like Nic Harris, who's another banger that he could take in the 2nd round. If he takes Moore with his 1st pick, then the quality of DL, pass rushers and OT's drops off quite a bit in 2nd round.

Moore's stock is plummeting and fast. At this point there is no way we'd draft him at 10.