There are 304 users in the forums

**William Moore bandwagon**

If he runs a 4.50 or lower I would love to have him as our first rounder.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This is how I see the safety position. An elite Safety can change your whole team. If you disagree watch Reed/Polumolu/Sanders etc. But anything short of elite for a safety gets lost. Not saying we don't need an upgrade, but if the guy isn't the next Ed Reed he just isn't worth that high of a pick. And I don't think Moore is that guy. The only safeties that interest me are Chung (out of Oregon) and Johnson (out of Alabama). Both second round prospects. As for Strong Safety. I'm not keen on Lewis. Im quite curious as to what Reggie Smith can do tho...

Word. Our focus needs to be on a FS, not a SS. If Moore is fast enough and does well in man on man situations I would love to have him, but if he doesn't I would much rather take Chung or Johnson in the second round.
Isn't Partick Chung a SS??
Mays >>>>>>>>>
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by nipplehead:
Mays >>>>>>>>>

USC fans don't count, when comparing the two!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
This is how I see the safety position. An elite Safety can change your whole team. If you disagree watch Reed/Polumolu/Sanders etc. But anything short of elite for a safety gets lost. Not saying we don't need an upgrade, but if the guy isn't the next Ed Reed he just isn't worth that high of a pick. And I don't think Moore is that guy. The only safeties that interest me are Chung (out of Oregon) and Johnson (out of Alabama). Both second round prospects. As for Strong Safety. I'm not keen on Lewis. Im quite curious as to what Reggie Smith can do tho...

Word. Our focus needs to be on a FS, not a SS. If Moore is fast enough and does well in man on man situations I would love to have him, but if he doesn't I would much rather take Chung or Johnson in the second round.

Moore played and can play both and so can Mays, but this isn't the Mays bandwagon!!!
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Mays >>>>>>>>>

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerswin317:
Mays >>>>>>>>>

Hahaha, damn straight I'm a homer, but still, it can't be denied!

Y'all will see when the combine rolls around and Mays posts a 4.3!
  • Dino
  • Veteran

lol. just messin with you bro. mays is a straight beast. i wouldn't mind moore or mays.

lol. just messin with you bro. mays is a straight beast. i wouldn't mind moore or mays.

Either way, God knows we need someone back there patrolling our secondary. It's been too long since we've had an elite safety.
  • Dino
  • Veteran

Either way, God knows we need someone back there patrolling our secondary. It's been too long since we've had an elite safety.

most def
I wouldn't mind drafting him at all. I hoped Moore would get a little more attention. Earlier in the year, some people were a little concerned with the drop in stats. Well when you lead the nation in INT's, it's hard to improve on that. Doesn't mean you're not doing well if you're not putting up all the big stats though.

Moore, in our defense, I believe could be such a force. Though..

Right now however, I'm eyeing DeAngelo Smith from Cincinnati in the 3rd as a great Safety option, or Sherrod Martin of Troy in the 5th, who is really making a name for himself right now.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 9, 2008 at 21:30:01 ]
I want to replace both of our safeties. Michael Lewis just isn't getting it done in pass coverage, and outside of big hits, he hasn't really impressed me in the run game. He's too expensive as a backup, so that's where it gets tricky. Reggie Smith has been one of the best strong safeties in college for several years. Now that Singletary decided to go crazy and put players in the positions that they were meant to play (ie. putting Chilo at guard, Snyder at T, and defenders back into their 3-4 positions) its looking like Smith will have to find his home on the niners at the strong safety position. I'm actually quite excited about him there. As for the FS, its hard to say. The problem is Willis. Until he becomes the true leader of that defense, we may have to keep Roman, or sign another veteran, who can manage the defense before the huddle. I'm not crazy about Roman in any sense, but at the same time I don't see a reason to replace him with a decent-good player. Our secondary needs a play maker. Hopefully Smith can be that guy. Noone else has stepped up. Nate is one of my favorite players, and an amazing all around corner. But he's simply not the guy who'll put up points for you. Since no such corner or safety is out there, I would say we're best off not touching the position until a later round. Round 2, however, it satarts getting interesting. Rashad Johnson anyone?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I wouldn't mind drafting him at all. I hoped Moore would get a little more attention. Earlier in the year, some people were a little concerned with the drop in stats. Well when you lead the nation in INT's, it's hard to improve on that. Doesn't mean you're not doing well.

Right now however, I'm eyeing DeAngelo Smith from Cincinnati in the 3rd as a great Safety option, or Sherrod Martin of Troy in the 5th, who is really making a name for himself right now.

As some people say Moore may have hurt his stock a little with his production and injury, but I doubt he will fall out of the top 20. But like I said I could careless where we draft him, all I know is we gotta get him. We've been weak at Safety for awhile now even before Michael Lewis and Mark Roman. We have never had a dominant FS since Zack Bronson's best year in 2001, I think its time we fixed that position. William has good range and will make a solid center fielder for us for years and hes also a good leader like a, I sorta compare him to LaRon Landry. And I have no doubt he will run a good 40 time to elevate him back into the top 10-15.
Share 49ersWebzone