LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

**William Moore bandwagon**

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's a stud...top-ranked S by many accounts. Still, if I'm Singletary, and I have a chance to grab a B.J. Raji, Orakpo, Everette Brown, or one of the top OT's, I think I'd have to go that way. I could be wrong, but upgrading S seems to be 3rd or 4th on his list of priorities. If he grabs one of those guys, he still has someone like Nic Harris, who's another banger that he could take in the 2nd round. If he takes Moore with his 1st pick, then the quality of DL, pass rushers and OT's drops off quite a bit in 2nd round.

Moore's stock is plummeting and fast. At this point there is no way we'd draft him at 10.

Yup and I agree, still think he would be worth it in rounds two and three of course.

The Combine always helps everyone's stock!!!
Hey what are your guy's feelings about Moore?

I know he didnt have a strong senior bowl but he is a playmaker that is a solid tackler and a good leader. He could play FS for a couple of years and move over to SS when Michael Lewis contract is up?

When could take him in the second round and take an O-lineman or pass-rusher (depending on free agency) in the first.
I think we will be fine at safety, Jimmy Williams is solid, we can pick up Michael Huff if he's released, or sign McAllister, so i don't think we need a Safety in the draft
  • IllWill1686
  • Info N/A
Personally I think that FS will be addressed in free agency (OJ Atagwe) but if it's not then I would def take him with our 3rd round pick. Unfortunately I don't think he will be there in the third because someone will take a chance on him in the mid-to late 2nd round.

If we were to use our 2nd round pick on a safety I would rather have Louis Delmas, Rashad Johnson, or Patrick Chung
Originally posted by IllWill1686:
Personally I think that FS will be addressed in free agency (OJ Atagwe) but if it's not then I would def take him with our 3rd round pick. Unfortunately I don't think he will be there in the third because someone will take a chance on him in the mid-to late 2nd round.

If we were to use our 2nd round pick on a safety I would rather have Louis Delmas, Rashad Johnson, or Patrick Chung

Best safety in the draft.
2nd round would be great
Which William Moore? The one who dominated the Big 12 as a junior with 8 interceptions or the one who stunk it up his senior year and in their bowl game against Northwestern?

Second round at the earliest with a big question mark attached.

NINER MADMAN
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Which William Moore? The one who dominated the Big 12 as a junior with 8 interceptions or the one who stunk it up his senior year and in their bowl game against Northwestern?

Second round at the earliest with a big question mark attached.

NINER MADMAN

Ouch.
No, no, no, no, no.
Did I mention the option, "No!"

The guy is too big, and too stiff. He is not going to be effective as a FS in the NFL. He could surprise, coming in ten pounds lighter, and quicker on his feet, at the combine; however, I doubt we will see much difference that what was seen at the Senior Bowl, where he looked bad at times. I just see a player who does not have the tools to be anything better than what we currently have on our roster.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 17, 2009 at 13:38:56 ]
  • supersing
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No, no, no, no, no.
Did I mention the option, "No!"

The guy is too big, and too stiff. He is not going to be effective as a FS in the NFL. He could surprise, coming in ten pounds lighter, and quicker on his feet, at the combine; however, I doubt we will see much difference that what was seen at the Senior Bowl, where he looked bad at times. I just see a player who does not have the tools to be anything better than what we currently have on our roster.

lol...so tell us how you really feel. as it happens i agree with you. the kid played his way out of the first round this past season and the second round is not the place to risk on an all or nothing guy. it's too bad, he can rattle some teeth, can jump and has excellent hands.

No, Moore is a closer to a LB than a safety IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone