LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Wass up in Lakerville ? Howard going to get released ?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Wass up in Lakerville ? Howard going to get released ?

Lebron acting weird and disinterested.
Vogel gunna be the scapegoat ?
Damn Lakers getting stomped. I guess they have the regular season to figure this out but they don't wanna be a 7-8th seed again.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Damn Lakers getting stomped. I guess they have the regular season to figure this out but they don't wanna be a 7-8th seed again.

Well in fairness, the Suns have a much better overall roster and its only game 2. I doubt that the Lakers will be a top 2 seed in the West but I also seriously doubt they will be a 7 or 8 seed either.
lol
Originally posted by JustinMT:
lol
We should have a pool on A) how long it will be before Howard is an ex-Laker and B) what team he will go to.

Never idea to get into it with the star player. Although its not like he did it with Lebron. He would already be gone.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
lol
We should have a pool on A) how long it will be before Howard is an ex-Laker and B) what team he will go to.

Never idea to get into it with the star player. Although its not like he did it with Lebron. He would already be gone.

I'm so happy that the suns signed JaVale McGee. He's the perfect backup for Ayton. he was an idiot early in his career, but he's been on championship teams and he understands the effort that it takes. If the Suns can somehow flip Jalen Smith to the Spurs for Thad Young, a popular trade rumor, I think they'll have the squad to compete against the Bucks, if it comes to that again. but it's way early in the season and who knows how it all goes.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
lol

I'm so happy that the suns signed JaVale McGee. He's the perfect backup for Ayton. he was an idiot early in his career, but he's been on championship teams and he understands the effort that it takes. If the Suns can somehow flip Jalen Smith to the Spurs for Thad Young, a popular trade rumor, I think they'll have the squad to compete against the Bucks, if it comes to that again. but it's way early in the season and who knows how it all goes.

JaVale has certainly turned into a very solid rotation guy after being with the Warriors and winning a championship
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Ehh…lakers will be fine. I'm pretty ok with AD and Dwight getting into it. Worse is not getting frustrated after playing poorly. Not a big deal. Game 2 of 82.

Talk to me after 20 games.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Lakers went ultra small in 4th and things started to look better. Of course Suns took the foot off the gas but Vogel went small and squad was playing hard in a game that was out of reach.

Idk why Vogel wants to play 2 bigs. AD said he wants to play Center - and that makes so much more sense with Westbrook in the lineup. But it's 2nd game - I trust Vogel to make adjustments. Also - injuries to several guards make it difficult.

Not worried though. We saw the formula in the 4th. Play small (which is not really small when you have AD at 5 and Bron at 4), play fast and that solves a lot of the issues.

Oh and Austin Reeves gotta play going forward. He has looked good for a undrafted rookie. He could start f**king it up bc it's looking like a major steal.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Originally posted by 4ML:
Ehh…lakers will be fine. I'm pretty ok with AD and Dwight getting into it. Worse is not getting frustrated after playing poorly. Not a big deal. Game 2 of 82.

Talk to me after 20 games.

Sorry, I don't see it dude. The bus is breaking down. LBJ is 5th all-time in minutes played, and he's 36. Only Kareem, KG, Malone and Dirk have played more minutes, and we saw how all those players' careers fizzled out. Trading for Westbrook, who's never been a team player, was not a good thing. Lots of old guys on the bench. Now there's animosity between AD and Howard? They should cut Howard asap. He's a name more than a player these days.
Originally posted by 4ML:

But but but that's his boy Russ's ole dance partner
Well, s**t...
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Oct 23, 2021 at 7:38 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone