There are 221 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

• 4ML
  • Veteran

What he said
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I know it's just one game but I have a strong feeling RW and Carmelo are going to turn out to be terrible additions. RW is just insanely inefficient and the ball just dies in Melo's hands. Guys like Bazemore, Monk, Bradley need to play. Not those washed up guys.

Naah…Westbrook will be fine. It's game 1. It was a fun game. Plenty of positives from this game. I honestly didn't think they'd win this game after how disjointed they looked in preseason. They played much better.

Melo, Dwight, Rondo, and Jordan will play fewer minutes once Nunn, THT, and Ariza are back. Also - Dwight and Jordan won't be playing 26 minutes against Warriors in playoffs. Westbrook had an awful awful game but he started poorly in Houston and Washington too - only to come on strong after 15-20 games. Not worried about him at all.

Two things I needed to see was in this game:
1. How is AD looking? He looks bigger and more dominant and I'm so excited for the season he's gonna have.
2. How good Father Time is feeling in 2021-22?!? It was good to see that it has lost more than a step on Lebron. Dude looks ready to dominate in season 19. Benjamin f**king button.

That's all that mattered to me in this game. If those 2 guys are still playing like top 7 players - Lakers are gonna be just fine. Westbrook will catch up.

I'm sorry 4ML but I don't buy it. RW doesn't play a winning style of basketball. He doesn't create enough opportunities for his teammates and dominates the ball when he has it. He's a terrible shooter yet isn't at all reluctant to shoot. I think they will be better than last year because of the some of the guys you mentioned; Nunn, THT, Ariza in addition to Bazemore, Monk and Bradley. They have a lot more viable options 2-4 now and Jordan/Howard can't be as bad as last year at C but the PG spot is still a big gaping hole. I even prefer Rondo over RW. Dare I say I even prefer Dennis Schroder?! Westbrook will have his moments this year when he contributes to wins but I think overall he isn't going to be a positive addition. Also, the Lakers should have no problem handling an injured Warriors team despite not having chemistry. We will see and you're right that LBJ and AD looked great.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I'm sorry 4ML but I don't buy it. RW doesn't play a winning style of basketball. He doesn't create enough opportunities for his teammates and dominates the ball when he has it. He's a terrible shooter yet isn't at all reluctant to shoot. I think they will be better than last year because of the some of the guys you mentioned; Nunn, THT, Ariza in addition to Bazemore, Monk and Bradley. They have a lot more viable options 2-4 now and Jordan/Howard can't be as bad as last year at C but the PG spot is still a big gaping hole. I even prefer Rondo over RW. Dare I say I even prefer Dennis Schroder?! Westbrook will have his moments this year when he contributes to wins but I think overall he isn't going to be a positive addition. Also, the Lakers should have no problem handling an injured Warriors team despite not having chemistry. We will see and you're right that LBJ and AD looked great.

You're reading too much into game 1 of 82. Westbrook is gonna be awesome. Plz - don't say stuff like you prefer rondo or ds over Westbrook. I know you're joking but Lol cmon man.

Also - Westbrook not being a winning player is just not true. Has been to nba finals and deep playoff runs. Took OKC to playoffs as a lone star. He put Wizards on his back and took them to playoffs last year.

Prediction - Lakers will have top 2 record in the West after 20 games.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 20, 2021 at 1:43 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bron and ad need to f**king make their FTs.

Westbrook with 0 fta. That's all you need to know. He had a s**t game. Will only get better.

Westbrook with 0 fta. That's all you need to know. He had a s**t game. Will only get better.

LeBron and AD weren't the problem lol. They combine for nearly 70 points and lost to a team they probably should have beaten by double digits. They're going to have to figure out defensive assignments because boy was this squad horrible defensively last night
Yaaaaa I mean as much as I love watching rondo Carmelo and Westbrook jack up bricks I'm not real stoked on this team. Could be the first time since freshman year of college I don't actively try and watch every game. Wooooooooof
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Oct 20, 2021 at 6:23 AM ]
A real crap 2nd half last night. RW was completely off, among others, but let's not panic. It was one game. Let's not forget in 2019-2020 we started the season off with a loss to the clippers. The Lakers then when on to win 24 of their next 26 games. This team is brand new. Give it some time.
RW will be fine. Once he he gets more comfortable he will play with that non stop motor of his.

Good to see Bron and AD looking sharp though
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

LeBron and AD weren't the problem lol. They combine for nearly 70 points and lost to a team they probably should have beaten by double digits. They're going to have to figure out defensive assignments because boy was this squad horrible defensively last night

Didn't say they were problem. They made 5 out of 13 FTs.

Lakers were missing Nunn, THT and Ariza. Probably 3 of their better perimeter defenders.

Lakers were missing Nunn, THT and Ariza. Probably 3 of their better perimeter defenders.

We won a ring with AD LeBron and a bunch of runners and defenders and shooters. We filled the roster with old ball dominant brick throwers. Im not overreacting to 1 game but it's a bit of a head scratcher to me.

Originally posted by DynastyChile:

We won a ring with AD LeBron and a bunch of runners and defenders and shooters. We filled the roster with old ball dominant brick throwers. Im not overreacting to 1 game but it's a bit of a head scratcher to me.

I hear you. We definitely went away from the identity that we had that year with our defense especially. I do think we brought in too many guards and most of them aren't good defenders. But that also happened because Bron and AD. We need some guys who can score and create their own shots so we don't have to depend on Bron and AD every game.

It's gonna come down to RW. If he can play at a high level, I like our chances.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DynastyChile:

True but do you think that team beats the Nets if Kyrie wasn't sitting home? I think some of the spacing issues go away when Nunn, Ariza, and Ellington come back. There is also hope that THT is going to shoot better though we will see about that.

Defense also gets a boost when Nunn, Ariza, and THT are back...and tbh defense will struggle out of the gate when you've a lot of new faces. We will see how the team looks at the beginning of 2022...but I think they're talented enough to win bunch of games while still figuring things out.

The thing I was annoyed with last night was - AD was supposed to play Center and Vogel insists on playing 2 bigs with Westbrook. I understand playing 2 bigs if you're going against Embiid and Jokic - but against Warriors? That makes 0 sense. Warriors were playing 5 out and Vogel had Dwight and Carmelo out there loool. Just silly.

I wasn't a fan of DeAndre Jordan and Rondo signing. I think both are beyond toast.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
That cross-eyed dude from FS1 Broussard?, made an interesting point yesterday. Russ isn't a great shooter, so he needs spacing in order to get to the paint. How does that work if we have our bigs on the floor with him? Is he effective playing off the ball or without being the primary ball handler?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Lol

Lol

Good. >70% from the line this year for LBJ would be huge.
Share 49ersWebzone