There are 229 users in the forums

2021-2022 17 TIME WORLD CHAMPION Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by 4ML:
Lakers went ultra small in 4th and things started to look better. Of course Suns took the foot off the gas but Vogel went small and squad was playing hard in a game that was out of reach.

Idk why Vogel wants to play 2 bigs. AD said he wants to play Center - and that makes so much more sense with Westbrook in the lineup. But it's 2nd game - I trust Vogel to make adjustments. Also - injuries to several guards make it difficult.

Not worried though. We saw the formula in the 4th. Play small (which is not really small when you have AD at 5 and Bron at 4), play fast and that solves a lot of the issues.

Oh and Austin Reeves gotta play going forward. He has looked good for a undrafted rookie. He could start f**king it up bc it's looking like a major steal.

I don't have a problem with the 2 bigs, it worked out just fine when we won a ring. I have a problem with DJ starting though, he's completely washed up.

Small ball lineup is also what got us the loss in the GS game, so I don't care for small ball either in the last 5 min of the game. Ariza and THT will help us a lot when they get back, right now the defense is just piss poor.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
RW putting his stamp on the game. 5-13, 2-4 FTs, 5 TOs.

I don't care if he's just the start the game/2nd half guy. He's getting too many minutes. Enough of this sh!t, already.

Team looks good in spurts. They're still figuring it out.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I don't care if he's just the start the game/2nd half guy. He's getting too many minutes. Enough of this sh!t, already.

Team looks good in spurts. They're still figuring it out.

Ya he's terrible now. AD or Dwight should be starting.
LeBron (ankle) questionable for tonight. Imo, they should sit him for the next 4-5 games. This is one of the main reasons we got RW...
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
LeBron (ankle) questionable for tonight. Imo, they should sit him for the next 4-5 games. This is one of the main reasons we got RW...

I've been saying this to my colleagues who are big Laker fans since the summertime....this might be the only time that a Lebron injury wouldnt kill his team because the team is constructed in a curious way. In normal years, the team is built around Bron to the point that it doesnt function without him. I have no doubt that your team could function at a high level with Russell leading the team and having the ball in his hands.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

I've been saying this to my colleagues who are big Laker fans since the summertime....this might be the only time that a Lebron injury wouldnt kill his team because the team is constructed in a curious way. In normal years, the team is built around Bron to the point that it doesnt function without him. I have no doubt that your team could function at a high level with Russell leading the team and having the ball in his hands.

Lakers winning percentage with Bron as the primary ballhandler: .333

Lakers winning percentage with Russ as the primary ballhandler: 1.000

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

The reason why Lebron's injury usually kill his team is bc he's 2 players in 1. He has been of the greatest scorers and one of the greatest playmakers in the history of the game. So, when he's out - you're losing both.

On this team - AD can take up the scoring load and Westbrook can take up the playmaking duties - and he can also help AD get easy buckets. Not to mention - he can drop 30 too.

• 4ML
  • Veteran
This team is gonna be great. You can already see the flashes. Monk has been amazing in his role and so is Reaves. Wait till Nunn and THT come back.

So so so happy Lakers added monk. Vogel needs to trust him and play him 30+ minutes. Imo him and Nunn were two of the biggest steals of the FA at their salaries.

But yea - tonight is the reason why they added Westbrook. He's such a force when attacking the paint. When this team gets their chemistry and timing down - they're gonna be scary and I really don't think it's gonna take a long time.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 27, 2021 at 1:20 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Westbrook is gonna be amazing. Just need a few games to gel with this team. I can't wait for him and Lebron and AD to wreck teams and bully them in submission. Ppl tripping after 2 games lol - this team has already shown flashes. Not worried at all.
[ Edited by 4ML on Oct 27, 2021 at 12:17 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Love the monk
Lebron out tonight in okc. Ramona says AD might not play. Go get em RW. This is why they brought you in.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Lebron out tonight in okc. Ramona says AD might not play. Go get em RW. This is why they brought you in.

This x 100000000

…and Laker fans will turn that into a home game. There were more Lakers fans in San Antonio last night.
Share 49ersWebzone