LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

PYMWYMI - The Harbaugh Debate

Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by TheRambler:
My answer is neither. I'm not "glad" Harbaugh is leaving, but if he and Roman are a package deal they both have to go. The passing game has evolved with the rule changes the last 3 years, and we seem to be the only team that hasn't seen a lick of improvement in that area over that time. That's entirely on Roman and Harbs.

This. There should be a middle option.

thats no fun. this is for people who are either frustrated or excited that harbaugh is gone.
lol. Black and white only! Ain't no time for gray areas!
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by MILFS:
My answer is neither. I'm not "glad" Harbaugh is leaving, but if he and Roman are a package deal they both have to go. The passing game has evolved with the rule changes the last 3 years, and we seem to be the only team that hasn't seen a lick of improvement in that area over that time. That's entirely on Roman and Harbs.

This. There should be a middle option.

thats no fun. this is for people who are either frustrated or excited that harbaugh is gone.
lol. Black and white only! Ain't no time for gray areas!

this. all you rational gray area folk can go play in your own thread
B
B
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
I don't know why you are all voting B, if you are right then we might as well pack up and close shop now.

I am going for A, got to be optimistic looking ahead to the 2015 season.

Having said that, a lot will depend on this draft on the offensive side of the ball. Plus if Kap continues to tank, no amount of coaching will help and we better have a legit QB ready to step in.
[ Edited by Rascal on Dec 27, 2014 at 4:40 AM ]
B

We still don't have a vertical threat WR and this past season we were missing the only deep threat we had in Vernon Davis. None of that is Harbaugh's fault. That might have just a smidge to do with why we don't have an explosive passing game.
A

It´s not about this one lousy season! It´s deeper, Harbaugh is more of a fireman coach, everywhere he´s been he wore out his welcome quickly.
from the first day reports were here, both Matt´s wrote about it.

His stubborness is his treat but also his downfall, in a certain way he is a more competent Singletary, we still do not have a signature play in our offence ( during the glory years it was the quick slant, everybody knew we would run it, and still opponents were never able to stop it).

Roman was good for the run game, very creative, yet our passing game deteriorated, also the inability to make it clear to Kap that forcing the ball to Crabtree is a mistake, Kaps inability to proprely reconise coverages ( the interview after the Bears game, were he reffered to a cover 3 coverage on his pick allthough it was cover 0 - zone vs man!!) that is on Harbaugh after 4 seasons of coaching.
B
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

You wrote "glad he is leaving" so I can't pick either. I'm not glad he's leaving, but if he is unwilling to change OCs, it must be done. What I really want is herbs to stay with a new OC. Also, I can't put my money where my mouth is unless I know the new coach.
  • marls
  • Veteran
B...

It's going to be more then a year of sukage.
[ Edited by marls on Dec 27, 2014 at 5:53 AM ]
A. When your offensive system has been figured out you're done. Any competent offensive system and OC should get us up to an average offense at least.

This.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We still don't have a vertical threat WR and this past season we were missing the only deep threat we had in Vernon Davis. None of that is Harbaugh's fault. That might have just a smidge to do with why we don't have an explosive passing game.

Ellington and Patton are fast enough to threaten deep or at least put speed on the field and yet they hardly got any playing time in the offense because of coaching decisions. That's on Jim.

Vernon Davis was out there, playing like ass. Partly on coaching for having him out there.

You also adjust your offense if you don't have vertical threats to cut down deep throws. Instead we threw long too many times to slow receivers. Not smart scheme.
Share 49ersWebzone