2013 Oakland A's thread

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Good season. Tough to win it all. Props

Coulda said that last year
This season was disappointing

And game 4 lost us this series, they choked so bad. Everyone knew they weren't beating Verlander
bases loaded no outs and max's blue eye merked em
Bartolo, Balfour, and Lowrie and free agents now

As well as Chris Young, Seth Smith. Moss is arb eligible

Bet next year our SS will be the worst player on our team

I'm pretty sure Lowrie isn't a free agent. I think he has one more year. Then in 2015 it's Russell time.
so are the A's moving?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

I'm pretty sure Lowrie isn't a free agent. I think he has one more year. Then in 2015 it's Russell time.

You're right
I would still rather have Lowrie at 2b though. He was one of the worst fielding short stops this year

You're right
I would still rather have Lowrie at 2b though. He was one of the worst fielding short stops this year

Russell finished the season at Sacramento. If he gets hot during spring training, it wouldn't be surprised if he's given a shot.
So the Braves are building a ballpark even though their stadium isn't even twenty years old...........
Rumors that Cardinals are interested in Jed Lowrie

They have a lot to trade
  • jrg
  • Veteran

They have a lot to trade

Although I f**king hate trading with you guys
[ Edited by jrg on Nov 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM ]

They have a lot to trade

I hope the A's don't trade Lowrie. I feel like 2014 is the last year in our window to compete with this current core before we have to start trading off everybody and rebuild. Keep Lowrie, if he performs well make him a qualifying offer (which he will surely turn down if he has a good year) and take the Comp Picks.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

They have a lot to trade

I hope the A's don't trade Lowrie. I feel like 2014 is the last year in our window to compete with this current core before we have to start trading off everybody and rebuild. Keep Lowrie, if he performs well make him a qualifying offer (which he will surely turn down if he has a good year) and take the Comp Picks.

You won't care when this guy arrives

Originally posted by DaDDieO:
Russell finished the season at Sacramento. If he gets hot during spring training, it wouldn't be surprised if he's given a shot.

I guess technically he did but Russell spent the vast majority of the season in Advanced A ball and in 3 games in AA he was 1/13 with 9K's and no BB. Odds are he starts the year in AA. Doubt we see him in Oakland in 2014 at all.
Originally posted by jrg:

They have a lot to trade

You won't care when this guy arrives

He's not going to be ready until 2015 at the earliest. He spent the entire year in A+.

I don't mind selling Lowrie while his stock is high. His defense is horrible anyways, but he was very solid with the bat

Wonder what the cardinals would give for him

I don't mind selling Lowrie while his stock is high. His defense is horrible anyways, but he was very solid with the bat

He may be suspect with the glove, but who exactly would we replace him with?
[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Nov 12, 2013 at 1:56 PM ]

The Cards wouldnt give up one of their top young pitchers like Miller, Rosenthal, Martinez, Waccha for him. I could see Lance Lynn perhaps but the A's really dont need starting pitching anyway. Maybe Kolten Wong for Lowrie.
Share 49ersWebzone