There are 329 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Honestly even if we would have advanced we would have gotten worked by Boston. It'll be nice to see the Tigers get destroyed by Boston in 5 or 6 games.

I don't know.. I guess..

Sonny Gray broke his thumb. He was done for the playoffs anyways.

Ya just read that..
Wouldn't have beat em
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Honestly even if we would have advanced we would have gotten worked by Boston. It'll be nice to see the Tigers get destroyed by Boston in 5 or 6 games.

I hope so. The way Verlander and Scherzer are pitching, it's hard to imagine anyone destroying Detroit, but Boston has the speed and contact hitting to at least manufacture some runs off them and then feast on their mediocre bullpen.
Bartolo, Balfour, and Lowrie and free agents now

As well as Chris Young, Seth Smith. Moss is arb eligible

Bet next year our SS will be the worst player on our team

balfour would look good in a giants uniform.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Last year we weren't supposed to be good , didn't hurt as much as it did now

Just like the 49ers.

Yup. 2011 49ers and 2012 A's are easily the most fun I've had watching these two teams since the 1994 49ers when I was in high school, who were so dominant against everyone except the Cowboys that there was no real stress to the season except those games. Expectations are annoying for a sports fan.

Sacramento Kings in 2015
Originally posted by jrg:
A's fans tried everything to slow Verlander

People must not know this, but pitchers are only focusing on the catchers mitt. I remember once hearing Jason Schmidt say that he could never even tell you if there were 5,000 people in the stands, or 40,000. You pull your brim down low and focus on the zone.
The only way A's fans could have helped was if they all brought those fishing nets and robbed all of the A's homers that were deep fly balls. No "fan interference"
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Niners99:

People must not know this, but pitchers are only focusing on the catchers mitt. I remember once hearing Jason Schmidt say that he could never even tell you if there were 5,000 people in the stands, or 40,000. You pull your brim down low and focus on the zone.
lol those dude were awesome

What upsets me still to my core is why Stephen Vogt played at all this series. We had Norris and Suzuki. Once Norris was healthy he should have been sent back down.
Believe it was one year ago today when Verlander shut down the A's in Game 5...at Oakland. But it sure feels a lot worse this year...last year was such a surprise, but this year the A's were rightfully expected to at least make it to the ALCS.

But they choked. Again. Too many guys picked the worst time to slump, with Donaldson and Moss leading that parade. But last night wasn't the true choke job...once Cabrerra went deep to make it 2-0, that game was over. The true choke was Game 4...hard to fault Straily for one pitch, but DAMN. The Martinez HR interference non-call hurt...but even after that, the A's had a golden opportunity: Bases loaded, NO OUTS. But then Melvin lets two strikeout machines bat BEFORE he decides to send a very good contact hitter in Callaspo up there.

And even going back to the 1st inning of Game 1, if Barton makes that play it's only 2-0. Oh well, it's done.

As for 2014, Texas and Angels will continue to spend money, and hard to imagine the Angels will get off to a horrible start 3 years in a row. But the A's should still have good pitching, so hard to count them out.

Alrighty then...Go Warriors.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Oct 11, 2013 at 9:02 AM ]
The only way A's fans could have helped was if they all brought those fishing nets and robbed all of the A's homers that were deep fly balls. No "fan interference"

Woulda probably still lost like 3-2 lol

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
yo YungMooselim

Woulda probably still lost like 3-2 lol

Lol you are totally right.

Honestly I'm more pissed about game 4 than game 5. I knew we we're going to lose last night. Verlander is too good and we threw a guy with 10 career starts out there.

That choke job in game 4 will live in infamy. I'll never forget the bases loaded no outs inning... Ever.
Originally posted by Niners99:

wow that's great insight man thx
Good season. Tough to win it all. Props
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Good season. Tough to win it all. Props

Coulda said that last year
This season was disappointing

And game 4 lost us this series, they choked so bad. Everyone knew they weren't beating Verlander
Share 49ersWebzone