LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I guess this is worth 22 million dollars..............................

"Scott Kazmir versus teams not named "Twins" in 2013: 4.68 ERA, 5.3 IP per start."

timmah got 35 for two years. His era was not that great either.

Whats your point. That it makes sense because Timmy got overpaid? I think they overpaid Kazmir and didnt even badly need a SP to begin with. Total head scratcher.
WHYYYYY????????

I don't even...

I'll be really pissed if they turn around and sell low on Anderson for pennies on the dollar now.
Jim Johnson to the A's for Weeks. I don't understand why pay Johnson 10 mil this year instead of cook or Doolittle closing... what is up with Beane? First the horrid contract of Kazmir now this trade?
We've traded Weeks for Jim Johnson

I like this move
I guess this is worth 22 million dollars..............................

"Scott Kazmir versus teams not named "Twins" in 2013: 4.68 ERA, 5.3 IP per start."

timmah got 35 for two years. His era was not that great either.

Whats your point. That it makes sense because Timmy got overpaid? I think they overpaid Kazmir and didnt even badly need a SP to begin with. Total head scratcher.

That's the market for SPs now..
Nvm
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Dec 2, 2013 at 10:14 PM ]

My point is that's the price fir starting pitching regardless on how you or I feel ablout it. I think its an over pay but kazmir was gonna get that bread from some team. And also posted nearly the same era and got MORE money. That's my point

My point is that's the price fir starting pitching regardless on how you or I feel ablout it. I think its an over pay but kazmir was gonna get that bread from some team. And also posted nearly the same era and got MORE money. That's my point

Timmy got overpaid obviously but that was as much of a marketing move as it was a baseball move. Giants fans love Timmy and they couldnt imagine him going elsewhere. With Kazmir ..... I have not a clue how he got that much. But, what makes it even worse is that they didnt need to go out and get a SP and could have used their tight budget on bats. Hell, they could have given up marginal prospects and gotten Fister and saved tons of money.

Beane is a smart guy but to me this is a strange move.

He's also been a multiple time Cy Young winner and has been extremely durable, two things Kazmir has not come close to being. Their ERA's might look similar in one year's comparison, but Lincecum has a much more extensive track record of equal or greater performance to last year's and thus has a better chance of being the more effective pitcher from this point and into the future.
10 mill for josh Johnson? Uhh i don't like where we're spending our money..

Trading Weeks for Johnson is a steal for the A's, they needed a closer, they got one. As far as Kazmir, Colon is gone, that much is clear, Kazmir is a guy on the upswing again after basically leaving baseball completely. Yes, his numbers on their face don't look all that impressive but he's a guy who was progressing doing better, he started to get his fastball back again and he's still fairly young, I feel like he'll be another guy that makes Beane look like a genius after the fact. I could see him having a very good season playing in the league's most uber-pitcher friendly park.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trading Weeks for Johnson is a steal for the A's, they needed a closer, they got one. As far as Kazmir, Colon is gone, that much is clear, Kazmir is a guy on the upswing again after basically leaving baseball completely. Yes, his numbers on their face don't look all that impressive but he's a guy who was progressing doing better, he started to get his fastball back again and he's still fairly young, I feel like he'll be another guy that makes Beane look like a genius after the fact. I could see him having a very good season playing in the league's most uber-pitcher friendly park.

Hope so man
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Hope so man

A's stay in O.co Coliseum for two more years, thwarting the AT&T Park idea

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb/oakland-coliseum-will-remain-as-home-through-2015?ymd=20131125&content_id=64206976&vkey=news_mlb
Timmy got overpaid obviously but that was as much of a marketing move as it was a baseball move. Giants fans love Timmy and they couldnt imagine him going elsewhere. With Kazmir ..... I have not a clue how he got that much. But, what makes it even worse is that they didnt need to go out and get a SP and could have used their tight budget on bats. Hell, they could have given up marginal prospects and gotten Fister and saved tons of money.

Beane is a smart guy but to me this is a strange move.

Yea, i don't like the move either for the A's. It boggles my mind on what that time is trying to do. Oh well, not my money and certainly not my team.
Share 49ersWebzone