LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 393 users in the forums

2013 Oakland A's thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The Cards wouldnt give up one of their top young pitchers like Miller, Rosenthal, Martinez, Waccha for him. I could see Lance Lynn perhaps but the A's really dont need starting pitching anyway. Maybe Kolten Wong for Lowrie.

Miller for Lowrie and Brett Anderson
Nick Punto signed to a 1 year deal

Lowrie speculation continues
http://www.twinkietown.com/2013/1/4/3833034/an-oral-history-of-nick-punto-sliding-headfirst-into-first-base

Get used to a lot of this...

Nelson Cruz???

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer/jon-heyman/24227411/as-are-a-darkhorse-in-the-nelson-cruz-derby-mariners-mets-also-in
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
I hope the A's don't trade Lowrie. I feel like 2014 is the last year in our window to compete with this current core before we have to start trading off everybody and rebuild. Keep Lowrie, if he performs well make him a qualifying offer (which he will surely turn down if he has a good year) and take the Comp Picks.

I don't mind selling Lowrie while his stock is high. His defense is horrible anyways, but he was very solid with the bat

Wonder what the cardinals would give for him
He may be suspect with the glove, but who exactly would we replace him with?

He's not a Gold Glover by any stretch, but one thing he did consistently throughout the year was bail out guys making bad throws to second, particularly 1B when they're trying to go 3-6-3...for as lacking as he might be in range, etc., he does have a knack for picking throws in the dirt.

"@JohnSheaHey: Hudson: #athletics interest was "challenging," made him "emotional," praised Beane, but said #sfgaints were right fit, staying in NL"

"@JohnSheaHey: Hudson: #athletics interest was "challenging," made him "emotional," praised Beane, but said #sfgaints were right fit, staying in NL"

Maybe he likes getting pulled in the 5th inning for a double-switch.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

Maybe he likes getting pulled in the 5th inning for a double-switch.

NL is just easier to pitch in with the pitcher batting, that's obvious.. I don't blame him
A's signed Scott kazmir to a 2 year 22 million deal
Gray
Parker
Anderson
Kazmir
Milone
Griffin
Straily

This means were not resigning Colon obviously, and probably trading Brett Anderson too

That's a good amount of money for the A's, why not spend it on a hitter? Kazmir isn't terrible but I think it all depends on what we get for Anderson
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Dec 2, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]

Gray
Parker
Anderson
Kazmir
Milone
Griffin
Straily

This means were not resigning Colon obviously, and probably trading Brett Anderson too

That's a good amount of money for the A's, why not spend it on a hitter?

I dont understand this signing at all. Gray, Parker, Griffin, and Straily are all automatics in the rotation. I think the A's would have been better off with Anderson or Milone as their 5th and going after a bat as you say.
I dont understand this signing at all. Gray, Parker, Griffin, and Straily are all automatics in the rotation. I think the A's would have been better off with Anderson or Milone as their 5th and going after a bat as you say.

God knows what billy beane has under his sleeve. Probably gonna do a trade involving both Milone and Anderson. I actually like Anderson a lot though, still young but just always hurt
I guess this is worth 22 million dollars..............................

"Scott Kazmir versus teams not named "Twins" in 2013: 4.68 ERA, 5.3 IP per start."
I guess this is worth 22 million dollars..............................

"Scott Kazmir versus teams not named "Twins" in 2013: 4.68 ERA, 5.3 IP per start."

timmah got 35 for two years. His era was not that great either.
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
5.3 innings pitched? lol
Share 49ersWebzone