Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Fox: averaging 11pts 3 rbs 5 ast - 4-13 record

Ball: averaging 9 pts 7 rbs 7 ast - 8-10 record - 2 triple doubles

data/stats/facts are overrated. fake news. I am learning from our president

For real doe, Ball is playing more minutes than Fox right? They both have had their struggles, but I would still rather have Fox than Ball if I had to pick.

Real talk, ball is better now (even with his shooting slump) and in 3 years, I think it will be obvious that Ball is the far superior player. His Lakers will be in the playoffs and possibly contending and the kings will still be the same ol kangz

Quite an imagination you have

What's so absurd about what I said?

Everything from "obviously Ball will be superior" to "the Lakers will be contending" lol
We can have a side bet on realistically what we think these teams will be doing in 3 years if you like .

Reading comprehension is important. lol

Having watched every minute of Ball's NBA career so far, I can already see the dude has a rare talent that you just don't see in most players. Even great players don't have some of the vision and instincts he has. Now I'm not saying he's better than those great players. I'm saying there is a specific way he sees and plays the game, and it's very unique, and many many great players don't have that. Magic had it. Kidd had it. Its that thing that you watch and say holy sh!t that was awesome when you see the plays that are made. That's my opinion. You can disagree. We shall see. lol

And as far as the Lakers will be in 3 years, I absolutely think they'll be just where I said. They are already showing to be in the 2nd tier of the west. Currently in the 8th spot with a very very young core with lots of talent. Luke has them playing hard on both sides of the court and they are in most of their games. In 3 years, do you really think they won't add additional free agent talent and mature? Other top teams in the west will slip down the ladder in that time as well with free agents leaving or getting older. I said they'll be in the playoffs and possibly contending. IMO, that's not unrealistic.

Having watched every minute of Ball's NBA career so far, I can already see the dude has a rare talent that you just don't see in most players. Even great players don't have some of the vision and instincts he has. Now I'm not saying he's better than those great players. I'm saying there is a specific way he sees and plays the game, and it's very unique, and many many great players don't have that. Magic had it. Kidd had it. Its that thing that you watch and say holy sh!t that was awesome when you see the plays that are made. That's my opinion. You can disagree. We shall see. lol

And as far as the Lakers will be in 3 years, I absolutely think they'll be just where I said. They are already showing to be in the 2nd tier of the west. Currently in the 8th spot with a very very young core with lots of talent. Luke has them playing hard on both sides of the court and they are in most of their games. In 3 years, do you really think they won't add additional free agent talent and mature? Other top teams in the west will slip down the ladder in that time as well with free agents leaving or getting older. I said they'll be in the playoffs and possibly contending. IMO, that's not unrealistic.

I think the Lakers have a good young core and are on the way up, but I'll hold off on the Lonzo/Magic comparisons after 16 or 17 games lol.
Fox: averaging 11pts 3 rbs 5 ast - 4-13 record

Ball: averaging 9 pts 7 rbs 7 ast - 8-10 record - 2 triple doubles

data/stats/facts are overrated. fake news. I am learning from our president

For real doe, Ball is playing more minutes than Fox right? They both have had their struggles, but I would still rather have Fox than Ball if I had to pick.

Real talk, ball is better now (even with his shooting slump) and in 3 years, I think it will be obvious that Ball is the far superior player. His Lakers will be in the playoffs and possibly contending and the kings will still be the same ol kangz

Quite an imagination you have

What's so absurd about what I said?

Everything from "obviously Ball will be superior" to "the Lakers will be contending" lol
We can have a side bet on realistically what we think these teams will be doing in 3 years if you like .

Wait....so you did say you think Ball will obviously be better and the Lakers would be contending, right? So I guess I don't understand what about my reading comprehension was off.
Wait....so you did say you think Ball will obviously be better and the Lakers would be contending, right? So I guess I don't understand what about my reading comprehension was off.

I said I think it will be obvious and they could possibly be contending. You posted it as if I said these things were facts. There's a difference. lol
Both young pgs brick bad 3's. par for the season. lol
  • JayB
Scottie Pippen thinks the opposite of you stoney.

.be

I said I think it will be obvious and they could possibly be contending. You posted it as if I said these things were facts. There's a difference. lol

Yes and I said your opinion showed you to have quite an imagination lol
Ouch. Thanks for the buzzkill. Kangz gonna Kangz.

But I honestly think Fox is better. We shall see, sir.
I do too and I said that before the draft. More explosive athlete with the bigger upside in my humble opinion. But, it certainly could go either way and people who call Ball a bust are SO far off.

What in my breakdown is so ridiculously unrealistic? They don't have a very talented young core? They wont most likely add solid free agent talent at some point in the next 3 years? They aren't a borderline playoff team now and won't climb the ladder in the next few years?

What in my breakdown is so ridiculously unrealistic? They don't have a very talented young core? They wont most likely add solid free agent talent at some point in the next 3 years? They aren't a borderline playoff team now and won't climb the ladder in the next few years?

I would say these are all accurate now although I have to admit I would be very surprised if they actually did make the playoffs this year.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I would say these are all accurate now although I have to admit I would be very surprised if they actually did make the playoffs this year.

I also don't expect them to get in this year. It's possible, IMO, but not likely.
Kings are on fire. Just gotta hang in there and hope they cool off. Bulls did the same damn thing last night in the first half. Ice cold in the 2nd.

So it it really wasn't about my reading comprehension then, right? It was more about you not liking that I scoffed at your opinions. Got it.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 22, 2017 at 8:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

To touch on your thoughts on the Lakers contending ...no, I don't see it with the current core. I like Ingram a lot, big fan of Ball. The rest are meh to me. But like you said, they have the $ to go sign some FAs, but i don't think there are any game changers coming tp LA in the next few years, just based on the available market.
Holy Jesus lonzo smashed on them.
Share 49ersWebzone