LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 293 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

Wallace 2/2 with a RBI 2B and now a HR, his fourth straight game where he's hit a HR.

Carter hits another HR also.

Can't wait to see these two as the 3-4 or 4-5 hitters in the A's lineup for 6-7 years.
Oh yeah, Cardenas is 3/4 tonight.
Wallace with another HR.
1st and 2nd no outs to begin the 1st and 8th innings.

No bunt, no running/steal attempts.

Everidge leads off the 8th getting on base yet for some reason Geren doesn't pinch run and Cust then hits a single to RF that probably a pinch runner could've advanced to 3B.

Seems as f**king Geren thought this was the 2000 and 2001 A's waiting for the XHBs/HR and not the A's who've been aggressive on the base paths which has made the A's one of the highest scoring teams since the break.
Correction, Powell led off the 8th which makes it even worse since with his leg injuries, he's a station to station runner literally.
Duke is out for the year because of depression?

Hope he gets better although may never see him throw a pitch for the A's ever again. 4 million and we got nothing from him this season and with his history of injuries, even though he was a borderline type B FA, I don't he'll be without pitching at all in 09 and would the A's risk bringing him back in anyway.

Sure when healthy, he might been one of the A's best players, forget pitchers, over the past half decade as both a RP and SP where he made the all star team in both.
Nice win tonight.

Suzuki whos been struggling the past few weeks with a much needed big hit for him to win the game.

Cahill with his third straight quality outing tonight. Nice to see him finishing the season up strong after he struggled for about much of July.
Giambi to the Rockies

hmm

good luck man

Big Jack with 2 bombs today... good win!

another solid start by tomko
Mariners fan here.

Bobby Crosby is my least favorite A's player of all time. (Granted I havn't been around all that long but still).
Oh looky looky Crlos Gonzalez is starting to play really well for Colorado.

Count me as being surprised.
20 innings tonight.
Yeah, Gonzalez is really playing well after struggling. The K's are down from last year which I'm not hugely surprised with the NL being the fastball league although still find it hard to believe that if Gonzalez still has that hole in his swing, that NL scouts won't capitalize on it unless Gonzalez himself has made the adjustment. Also believe moving to still one of the most friendliest parks in all of MLB even with the humidor and surrounded by a lineup with Tui, Helton, and other very good hitters in it is helping Gonzalez where had he stayed with the A's, again like it's mentioned a ton he'd have to play in one of the most unfriendliest parks in all of MLB the coliseum and at this time probably would've been looked upon as the franchise player.

I didn't like the Holliday deal in the trade when it was made because I believed Gonzalez was an all star type of talent. Now landing Wallace, Peterson, and Mortenson has made me like the trade more. In fact, I'd probably do straight up Wallace for Gonzalez even though Gonzalez will help the team with his D that he showed last year with the A's with the many runners thrown out at home. But I think Wallace will be a better overall hitter even if he does have to move to 1B but hopefully he can stay at 3B his first handful of years in the bigs.

Although Wallace has come back to earth after that amazing 4 game stretch wher he hit 5 HRs and hit I don't know .400+. Last six games, 4/24 with no XBHs, no RBIs with 3 BBs/4 Ks.

I still don't think he'll be a SEP call up.
Stassi makes his pro debut, did have one game at AZL, but for A-....

-2/3 with a 2B/RBI.
Share 49ersWebzone