LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

2009 Oakland A's thread

True, we're currently at 11 now with all this winning.

Just a couple games ahead of HOU from the 12th spot.

Maybe a month ago, the A's were a top five pick and many felt were a lock to be a top 6-7 pick, now it's all but likely if they continue to play this well that they'll be drafting right where they've been the past two years now.

10-13 range.
Originally posted by ninerpride:
True, we're currently at 11 now with all this winning.

Just a couple games ahead of HOU from the 12th spot.

Maybe a month ago, the A's were a top five pick and many felt were a lock to be a top 6-7 pick, now it's all but likely if they continue to play this well that they'll be drafting right where they've been the past two years now.

10-13 range.

man! it's good that they're winning with the young guys but i want a top 10 stud!!
Next year's draft is supposed to be very deep and much better than this past year's draft which IMO was a very good draft for the A's with Green, Stassi, and Krol especially signed.

Basically got the equivalent of two 1st with Green and Stassi. They paid Krol like a late 1st too with his signing bonus.

Question is where to address the team.

IF looks pretty deep with Wallace, Carter, Doolittle, Weeks, Cardenas, Green, and possibly somebody like Donaldson.

SP has taken a hit with all the youngsters in the A's rotation but you still gonna start the year in the minors with the likes of Mortenson, Capra, Ross, Simmons in terms of probably the top A's SP prospects. Certainly not better than what the A's brought up this year with MAC and Gio, along with Outman but still solid. So I could definitely see the A's maybe going after a college SP, as history has shown the A's usually spend the 1st round pick on a established proven college player while taking chances on upside high talents in round 2 and beyond.

OF you'll have Brown, Desme, Doolittle, Carter, Spencer, Peterson. Again, not a great talent, well no about talent but good talent.

So if I had to guess, it'd be a SP or OF with that 1st rounder in 2010. Course they could ALWAYS go with BPA too even if it's another OF.

Green was the perfect fit for the A's, he was IMO the BPA when the A's picked this past June and filled a need which was a SS, maybe even 3B of the future.
Ray Ratto makes even the simplest of columns WEIRD
Alright, I'm gonna say it...and I'm not quite sure why, but...

...I almost feel sorry for B. Crosby. Watching him pop up on the 1st pitch tonight with ...symbrunners on 2nd and 3rd. Symbolic of his entire career.
Brett anderson was dealing tonight! 6 IP 4 hits with 10 Ks
Shhhhhhhh!

I'll be at the game tonight vs. the Rangers. Will probably be my last one of the season.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Shhhhhhhh!

I'll be at the game tonight vs. the Rangers. Will probably be my last one of the season.

Hopefully they win for ya.
Still boggles me at how Rajai Davis has gone from this team's 6th OF outta Spring Training to the best hitter in our lineup. He's batting close to .320 on the season now.
Originally posted by Jigga:
Still boggles me at how Rajai Davis has gone from this team's 6th OF outta Spring Training to the best hitter in our lineup. He's batting close to .320 on the season now.

You never know what you are goin to get with these group of guys... hopefully he plays this well in 2010.

BA with his 11th W today.
One last series til the season's over...who wants to put the ceremonial bullet in this thread???
Share 49ersWebzone