LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Great to see Reutimann win today although I wish they coulda got the whole race in it sounded like Jeff's car was finally coming to him. Cool to see Mike Bliss win on Saturday as well.

agreed. It's always nice to see a new face in victory lane. Reutimann deserved it! I think if it wasn't raining Kyle Busch would've won it he was dominating. But i found it funny that they took hella long to call the race today whereas at the Daytona 500 once it rained they called it
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Great to see Reutimann win today although I wish they coulda got the whole race in it sounded like Jeff's car was finally coming to him. Cool to see Mike Bliss win on Saturday as well.

agreed. It's always nice to see a new face in victory lane. Reutimann deserved it! I think if it wasn't raining Kyle Busch would've won it he was dominating. But i found it funny that they took hella long to call the race today whereas at the Daytona 500 once it rained they called it

Yeah I was thinking that too! They actually waited for this one instead of calling it within like an hour. Probably b/c the fans were pissed the 500 was called so early so they tried to make up for it.

Also I think Eury Jr is gonna have to be fired soon Jr's car was absolute junk today and I don't see it getting any better. They've basically took the spot that the 5 car had last year on the roster.

Yeah I was thinking that too! They actually waited for this one instead of calling it within like an hour. Probably b/c the fans were pissed the 500 was called so early so they tried to make up for it.

Also I think Eury Jr is gonna have to be fired soon Jr's car was absolute junk today and I don't see it getting any better. They've basically took the spot that the 5 car had last year on the roster.

Yeah, Junior is just about had it. It is clear Eury Jr doesnt know how to make that car good off the truck, or how to adjust it during the race. I know Junior has the talent, but he cant make the most with it with a junk piece of crap.

that could be it. cause i was pissed when they called the 500 that quick! plus maybe they thought it would stop raining, but we all know how that turned out.

i hope he get's fired. If you watched the race notice how Junior was struggling to even turn the car. It was just bad for that 88 team. They seriously need to make changes because how can the other 3 teams win and do so well while the 88 car Just Plain sucks! it starts at the top and i am not referring to Rick Hendrick
Just heard on Nascar Now that Jr's team has become quite the loner at HMS and are usually running setups nowhere close to what the other 3 teams are using.
Just heard on Nascar Now that Jr's team has become quite the loner at HMS and are usually running setups nowhere close to what the other 3 teams are using.

wow.
Well Eury Jr finally got fired as crew chief and will be replaced by Lance McGrew for the rest of the year.

Well Eury Jr finally got fired as crew chief and will be replaced by Lance McGrew for the rest of the year.

bout time! Lance McGrew has a good track record so i think the team will improve!

bout time! Lance McGrew has a good track record so i think the team will improve!

He can only get better at this point. Since that cousin relationship wont get in the way on track, Junior may actually refocus now.

Good to see JJ come out with the victory at Dover.

Junior looked 1000x better with McGrew at CC. Still got some work to do, but definitely something positive.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Junior looked 1000x better with McGrew at CC. Still got some work to do, but definitely something positive.

agreed. Im glad Hendrick made the move now i still think they'll have a shot at the chase. But we'll see he'll have to turn it around fast!

agreed. Im glad Hendrick made the move now i still think they'll have a shot at the chase. But we'll see he'll have to turn it around fast!

Just noticed something. Was watching his interview about the 2000 All-star race that he won as a rookie. He mentioned at that time there was no pressure at all, so it was fun back then. This makes me think that indeed now the pressure of just about everything has affected his on track performance. Well at least for his missed pit stalls.

Just noticed something. Was watching his interview about the 2000 All-star race that he won as a rookie. He mentioned at that time there was no pressure at all, so it was fun back then. This makes me think that indeed now the pressure of just about everything has affected his on track performance. Well at least for his missed pit stalls.

good point. i think you're on to something. I think with all the fans and the sponsors and such i think there's alot more on his mind than racing.
Busch believes Stewart "dumped" him at Daytona

This guy is dumber then I thought if he believes Stewart wrecked him. Kyle is the one who tried to block and he wrecked himself I wonder if he'll ever grow up. I doubt it.
Share 49ersWebzone