There are 154 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by 49erfan3252:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Wow what an awesome race to watch. They gotta get the Cup guys to Montreal these roadcourse races are more entertaining then the short track races anymore.

Gotta feel bad for Ambrose. Had it all wrapped up until the final turn.

I did last year but not this time. I like him as a driver but he just choked under the pressure from Edwards and it costed him. Just something he'll have to learn from.

agreed. But you have to agree he is doing well pretty well in the Sprint Cup Series too!

Yeah I've been really impressed with that team I didn't think they'd be doing as well as they have. Besides he doens't have to feel too bad Jeff G. did it last year at Watkins Glen with two laps to go with Stewart right behind him so it happens to the best of them as well.

agreed i didn't they would be half as good since he's apart of Michael Waltrip Racing in a sense. But yea i was mad when that happened to Gordon it happens but that will make him better.

What do u think of Keselowski going to Penske?
Wow what an awesome race to watch. They gotta get the Cup guys to Montreal these roadcourse races are more entertaining then the short track races anymore.

I did last year but not this time. I like him as a driver but he just choked under the pressure from Edwards and it costed him. Just something he'll have to learn from.

agreed. But you have to agree he is doing well pretty well in the Sprint Cup Series too!

Yeah I've been really impressed with that team I didn't think they'd be doing as well as they have. Besides he doens't have to feel too bad Jeff G. did it last year at Watkins Glen with two laps to go with Stewart right behind him so it happens to the best of them as well.

agreed i didn't they would be half as good since he's apart of Michael Waltrip Racing in a sense. But yea i was mad when that happened to Gordon it happens but that will make him better.

I'm pretty pissed that we're letting go of such a great talent and keeping Junior on the team. Im ok with Mark coming back next year even though it ruined our chances of bringing up Brad since he's actually winning but I think this one is gonna turn around and bite Hendrick in the ass. Jr. has been running better but I think Brad woulda been the better choice to drive the 88 car. I just hope he doesnt sign a long term deal with Penske so he can come back possibly after Mark retires.

I'm pretty pissed that we're letting go of such a great talent and keeping Junior on the team. Im ok with Mark coming back next year even though it ruined our chances of bringing up Brad since he's actually winning but I think this one is gonna turn around and bite Hendrick in the ass. Jr. has been running better but I think Brad woulda been the better choice to drive the 88 car. I just hope he doesnt sign a long term deal with Penske so he can come back possibly after Mark retires.

i agree. once i started hearing the rumors i was kind of mad but you can't really blame him i think his time has come to step up. But I think that it would of been kinda funny for him to replace his boss! but hopefully JR. does indeed get better! Yea from what i hear it's a multi-year deal so who knows maybe by 2011. And if not im sure the driver that's gonna take his spot (Kelly Bires??) would get the nod to take over in the next year or two.

i agree. once i started hearing the rumors i was kind of mad but you can't really blame him i think his time has come to step up. But I think that it would of been kinda funny for him to replace his boss! but hopefully JR. does indeed get better! Yea from what i hear it's a multi-year deal so who knows maybe by 2011. And if not im sure the driver that's gonna take his spot (Kelly Bires??) would get the nod to take over in the next year or two.

Yeah I'm not sure how close Kelly Bires is but he has run decent so who knows. I was hoping that Landon Cassill would get the 88 after doing so well in the 5 car last year in a part time schedule but for whatever reason they didnt bring him back.

Yeah I'm not sure how close Kelly Bires is but he has run decent so who knows. I was hoping that Landon Cassill would get the 88 after doing so well in the 5 car last year in a part time schedule but for whatever reason they didnt bring him back.

Junior isnt leaving HMS anytme soon, lol. Junior's problem was that he was getting too comfy with his cousin Tony Eury to a point where they would argue like cousins over the radio during races. With McGrew, Junior has been doing better. The finishes may not show that, but he's been in bad luck getting wrecked since Lance took over. Note, Lance just recently rebuilt the 88 car from the ground up, which may also explain the turnaround.

As for BK, I think he should have waited. I mean he is in arguably the best driving organization in nascar right now with HMS. And to go to Penske? Hmmm. I guess opportunities to make the millions are few and far between. But would you rather have Gordon, Johnson, Martin, and Junior (and Smoke, Newman to an extent) as teammates or Busch/ Hornish Jr.?

Note that Junior gave his blessing before Brad made his final choice.

Junior isnt leaving HMS anytme soon, lol. Junior's problem was that he was getting too comfy with his cousin Tony Eury to a point where they would argue like cousins over the radio during races. With McGrew, Junior has been doing better. The finishes may not show that, but he's been in bad luck getting wrecked since Lance took over. Note, Lance just recently rebuilt the 88 car from the ground up, which may also explain the turnaround.

As for BK, I think he should have waited. I mean he is in arguably the best driving organization in nascar right now with HMS. And to go to Penske? Hmmm. I guess opportunities to make the millions are few and far between. But would you rather have Gordon, Johnson, Martin, and Junior (and Smoke, Newman to an extent) as teammates or Busch/ Hornish Jr.?

Note that Junior gave his blessing before Brad made his final choice.

Well I believe Junior signed a 4 year deal so next year could be his make or break season in terms of getting an extention cuz if he doesn't get any wins next year under Lance I doubt Rick is gonna continue to swap crew chiefs to try to find the the right match for Junior. It would just be a waste of resources and he could end up missing some great young talent by keeping Junior on as his 4th driver.

As for Brad I think he had to take a Cup ride. The guy is too talented to stay down in Nationwide for another year and not have a full time Cup ride. With Junior refusing to take his team up to Cup he really gave Brad little choice but to take the Penske ride even though it probably wouldn't have been that hard for Junior to convert that team to Cup since all the cars would come from Hendrick anyways. Hopefully Brad didnt sign a very long term deal with Penske so he can get out of that ride asap cuz I doubt the 12 car is that close to contending for the Chase in terms of the crew and the car itself.
NASCAR isn't fun to watch anymore. Johnson is well on his way to 4 straight and this is supposed to make the ratings and attendance increase? Not gonna happen, the Chase has been a failure since Kurt Busch barely won the championship by 9 points or whatever. Things need to change to get more equality or the 48 is gonna win every damn year.
Share 49ersWebzone