LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

**OFFICIAL**2009 NASCAR Season

This is the place to discuss NASCAR for the 2009 season. Today is the Daytona 500. GO Jimmie. I am also rooting for Scott Speed on the side as he is a Manteca Ca boy and so am I.

Last year we had an official thread for the year...Lets do it again. If you don't like NASCAR, thats cool, just skip the thread.
Nascar is for racist, confederate flag waving, gun owning, ignorant whitetrash rednecks.

Just wanted to get the ball rolling so to speak.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Nascar is for racist, confederate flag waving, gun owning, ignorant whitetrash rednecks.

That was pretty much un-called for. Thanks for the attack though brother. You could have skipped.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF49erFaithful:

That was pretty much un-called for. Thanks for the attack though brother. You could have skipped.

He was being sarcastic...

On a side note, I'd rather eat dog s**t than watch Nascar.

I just wanted to get that out of the way before the usual crowd shows up and s**ts in your thread.
I watch NASCAR pretty much full time until football season. Then of course I must switch. I wish they would switch to Saturdays come football.

The thing that makes me mad about the NASCAR is these really long pre-race shows. Just get to the race. They have been getting longer and longer every year.

Just kidding!
Speed is a helluva driver and I hope he beats out Mr. so called "Sliced Bread" for Rookie of the Year. As for the championship I gotta go with Jeff Gordon and if not him it would be great to see Mark Martin finally win one especially for Hendrick Motorsports.
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Speed is a helluva driver and I hope he beats out Mr. so called "Sliced Bread" for Rookie of the Year. As for the championship I gotta go with Jeff Gordon and if not him it would be great to see Mark Martin finally win one especially for Hendrick Motorsports.

Yeah, I agree. I thought for a while they were gonna vote Logano VP for Obama. JK. I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Martin win this race.

Long time no talk homey.

Yeah, I agree. I thought for a while they were gonna vote Logano VP for Obama. JK. I wouldn't mind seeing Mark Martin win this race.

Long time no talk homey.

No doubt man I guess its a good thing NASCAR started up again. hahaha Did you catch the Nationwide race yesterday? I think that was the first time I've ever rooted for Stewart to win but only b/c he was driving for Hendrick.

Long time no talk homey.

No doubt man I guess its a good thing NASCAR started up again. hahaha Did you catch the Nationwide race yesterday? I think that was the first time I've ever rooted for Stewart to win but only b/c he was driving for Hendrick.

Nope, I must admit I was being Valentines day guy. I saw the highlights. With the addition of Martin, Hendrick should rock everyone this year. I bet Gordon has a good year after being held winless last year.
Oh yeah, I could tell the economy is hurting NASCAR a little. Yesterday there was a lot of primary sponsorship but a lot of secondary (side) sponsorship was missing. Cars looked like they did in the 80s. Kinda bare.

[ Edited by SF49erFaithful on Feb 15, 2009 at 12:40:30 ]

Long time no talk homey.

Nope, I must admit I was being Valentines day guy. I saw the highlights. With the addition of Martin, Hendrick should rock everyone this year. I bet Gordon has a good year after being held winless last year.

I really hope so last year was tough not getting to see him win during the season for the first time since I've become a fan. Well it looks like the 500 is about to get underway so I'm gonna head out but I'll catch ya after the race!
Disapointed in the finish. Hate rain finishes and don't like whiny Kenseth. Thought Jr. raced horribly with the mistakes. Keep wondering when he is going to put a good season together.

Gordon recovered well. My boy JJ had a real bad day. All in all, not a very good 500.
It was BS that they called the race like that. I've seen lots of other races that go through multiple red flags and way longer rain delays and Nascar waits a lot longer to call it. This race was called so we can see The Simpsons on time.

I also think junior should've gotten a penalty.

Good to have Nascar back. Hopefully my Navy schedule lets me see the whole season.

[ Edited by NinerAce on Feb 15, 2009 at 16:44:45 ]
Originally posted by NinerAce:
It was BS that they called the race like that. I've seen lots of other races that go through multiple red flags and way longer rain delays and Nascar waits a lot longer to call it. This race was called so we can see The Simpsons on time.

I also think junior should've gotten a penalty.

Good to have Nascar back. Hopefully my Navy schedule lets me see the whole season.

Yeah, hope so. Not for me. Deploy again in mid May. But maybe this thread can keep me up to date this year. I agree Ace, they called it to early. Like they decided, lets give one to Rousch.
Share 49ersWebzone