LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 275 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

An embarrassment of riches on that dline this season. Probably the deepest edge group of Kyle and Johns tenure.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

An embarrassment of riches on that dline this season. Probably the deepest edge group of Kyle and Johns tenure.

Pray they all stay healthy. This line can carry us all season. We just have to hope Lance isn't terrible and o line is ok, then we can think deeper.

Good to see as I thought he was a little quiet last night and I even noticed he got absolutely steam rolled on one play. Definitely a lot more positives than negatives though.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Pray they all stay healthy. This line can carry us all season. We just have to hope Lance isn't terrible and o line is ok, then we can think deeper.

I like how he uses his hands to keep the OLman's hands off of him. Shows awareness on run downs, so he may be able to contribute snaps that aren't obvious passing downs. Bosa and Kocurek going to turn Drake into a beast.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I like how he uses his hands to keep the OLman's hands off of him. Shows awareness on run downs, so he may be able to contribute snaps that aren't obvious passing downs. Bosa and Kocurek going to turn Drake into a beast.

Bosa, Drake, Kinlaw and Armstead. who to double? If they all stay healthy - is this the return of the Fearsome Foursome? Gold Rush?

Although none of our super bowl defensive lines ever had a nickname that I'd recall though.

The Nick Bosa influence is glaring. Drake Jackson was working that double swipe all game. His stab/long arm move is already money. If he can add that double swipe, he'll have his speed, power and inside counter rushes in the bag. This dude gonna be good.

Man, we're so lucky to have Bosa. Imagine being a young player and having that dude as a resource when you get back to the bench.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 21, 2022 at 11:39 AM ]
in addition to his natural athleticism he already has quite a bit of moves and has solid technique

I think we will create a lot of turnovers with this D
Jackson was a 1st rounder who got royally f**ked by being at the wrong school. Blessing for us tho
Feels like we had a 1st round pick this year. Thank goodness Clay Helton is an awful coach.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Jackson was a 1st rounder who got royally f**ked by being at the wrong school. Blessing for us tho

Indeed. So many great things to watch this season. Our defense was fun to watch in 2019, the way they'd shred O-lines and that will return this year with an even better run D than what we had then.
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
Feels like we had a 1st round pick this year. Thank goodness Clay Helton is an awful coach.

Drake should sue Helton to recover damages based on how much money that moron cost him.
A a fan of Jackson during the draft (was regarded as a top 15 pick prior to last season) my main issue was his lack of using his hands last yr. He seemed like a speed/bend DPR at USC. His hands weren't violent. No speed to power…This off season you can see growth and a plan. Hero touched on it.

what's even crazier his he's only 21 👀
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Agree

Playing like a first rounder in the 1st two preseason games.

With Coach K he's really going to be a force.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Agree

Playing like a first rounder in the 1st two preseason games.

With Coach K he's really going to be a force.

i think he was always a first round talent his weight was an issue at the combine but he added it on even before he came here

To be clear i think the weight he is at now is his "natural playing weight" at USC as many here have alredy sttaed they had him drop into coverage a lot so they had him lose 20-30 pounds
[ Edited by ritz126 on Aug 21, 2022 at 12:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone