There are 224 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Drake Jackson was a steal the day of the draft but he´s even better than what I thought at that time.
He is born to be an edge rusher.
He looks better honestly than Travon Walker and Kayvon Thibodeaux so far. I know it´s only two pre-season games and there´s a lot of football to play for these guys.

By the way, Thibodeaux is a lucky guy. All these cut blocks should be illegal. There´s so many injuries and you have guys flying to opponent´s knees.
It could have been way worse for Thibodeaux and hopefully he can be back on the field really soon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdc20:
Drake Jackson was a steal the day of the draft but he´s even better than what I thought at that time.
He looks better honestly than Travon Walker and Kayvon Thibodeaux so far. I know it´s only two pre-season games and there´s a lot of football to play for these guys.

By the way, Thibodeaux is a lucky guy. All these cut blocks should be illegal. There´s so many injuries and you have guys flying to opponent´s knees.
It could have been way worse for Thibodeaux and hopefully he can be back on the field really soon.

Travon and Kayvon were top 5 picks in this years draft!

Cut blocks suck, but s**tty technique by edge players sucks even more. Thibodeaux played it passively with s**t technique. Somebody needs to teach that kid that we use hands, hips and active feet to defeat cut blocks. I have no doubt Drake Jackson will play cut blocks better than Thibodeaux.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 22, 2022 at 11:09 AM ]
Yea he didn't use his hands and just let the guy chop him. Not a dirty play but i wouldn't be oppsed to eliminating that block
Originally posted by Heroism:

Cut blocks suck, but s**tty technique by edge players sucks even more. Thibodeaux played it passively with s**t technique. Somebody needs to teach that kid that we use hands, hips and active feet to defeat cut blocks. I have no doubt Drake Jackson will play cut blocks better than Thibodeaux.

Let's hope so but they are young guys and there technique will go up and down at times. I bet Thibodeaux is working on that s**t today. I heard Rich Eisen saying that Moss should be suspended b/c of that block. Called the guy dirty. Now that's ridiculous.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea he didn't use his hands and just let the guy chop him. Not a dirty play but i wouldn't be oppsed to eliminating that block

Ditto
  • thl408
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by lamontb:

Ditto

They eliminated cut blocks outside the tackle box, and five yards downfield in 2021.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-expanded-rule-on-low-blocks-90-man-rosters-to-start-training-
The approved proposal illegalizes blocking below the waist by offensive and defensive players on scrimmage downs when contact occurs beyond five yards on either side of the line of scrimmage and more than two yards outside of either offensive tackle.
Did anyone catch that clip of Drake Jackson barrell roll to avoid being rolled up on by his own team mate? He looks very nimble and very agile for a big dude.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 22, 2022 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Did anyone catch that clip of Drake Jackson barrell roll to avoid being rolled up on by his own team mate? He looks very nimble and very agile for a big dude.

ive seen the man do a handspring into an impressive backlip

i have zero doubts about his agility and athleticism

[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Aug 22, 2022 at 2:17 PM ]

Exactly how to do it. You taught your son well

Agree with this! If nothing else Drake looks more like what he was projected to be the year before this draft; I saw top 15-20 for him on many sites.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

ive seen the man do a handspring into an impressive backlip

i have zero doubts about his agility and athleticism

In an interview he said he used to jump on a trampoline a lot and that's how he's able to do all these flips so naturally.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
hahahahah

my man

lol

Reggie White

(thanks amigo)

Rickey Jackson was a dog too

nah he got me, i meant to type Reggie White....

I think Reggie Jackson was a baseball player, and if he was... yeah he would get destroyed.
I saw someone on Twitter say he's gonna be better than Hutchinson. Now I think that's a bit far because I think Hutchinson will be a Bosa level player and should have been the first pick, but if he can be close to that then we're gonna win Super Bowls on defense alone.

I just want the regular season to start already!

That game was so awesome. Bosa was unstoppable.
Share 49ersWebzone