LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
A a fan of Jackson during the draft (was regarded as a top 15 pick prior to last season) my main issue was his lack of using his hands last yr. He seemed like a speed/bend DPR at USC. His hands weren't violent. No speed to power…This off season you can see growth and a plan. Hero touched on it.

what's even crazier his he's only 21 👀

It's exciting to see his technique materializing so early in his career. I now think the biggest jump will be in the NFL weight room. The weight fluctuation in college did not help his body, and it visibly looks underdeveloped. I expect him to be solid this season but watch the hell out after he spends a year or two in an NFL weight room.
Originally posted by Heroism:
A a fan of Jackson during the draft (was regarded as a top 15 pick prior to last season) my main issue was his lack of using his hands last yr. He seemed like a speed/bend DPR at USC. His hands weren't violent. No speed to power…This off season you can see growth and a plan. Hero touched on it.

It's exciting to see his technique materializing so early in his career. I now think the biggest jump will be in the NFL weight room. The weight fluctuation in college did not help his body, and it visibly looks underdeveloped. I expect him to be solid this season but watch the hell out after he spends a year or two in an NFL weight room.

Great point! I think I will go back and watch both his pre season games again . I seen him flash more than a few times but I have been so focused on the O line up until now. So far I liked how he gets his hands up and in the throwing lanes. He also has a great lean to get around the outside. I first noticed it in some drills. Once he builds that stength like you said, ewie. He could really be a force to be reckoned with. Having Drake at his potential and Bosa would be a dream. Please don't wake me up.

Dude looks legit
[ Edited by Since07 on Aug 21, 2022 at 5:28 PM ]
Love the way he moves. He's so young still and sort of pudgy (for an NFL DE). Fat is just potential in disguise. He could be a monster in a year or two. This draft class is looking super promising
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

An embarrassment of riches on that dline this season. Probably the deepest edge group of Kyle and Johns tenure.

Good to see as I thought he was a little quiet last night and I even noticed he got absolutely steam rolled on one play. Definitely a lot more positives than negatives though.

Last night i saw a YouTube on his preseason snaps so far, yeah it is pre-season...but does it look like it could be a major part of a Superbowl run?.... yeah...it kind of does. Coud easily see how enjoyable it would be to have Bosa and Jackson trying to meet at the QB. He doesn't have to be Reggie Jackson, he can just be Drake Jackson and have an impact.

High 1st rounders have shown less with more opportunity at this point. Crazy small sample size, but the dude is winning ALOT of the snaps he is given.

The pre-draft dudes who kept saying he was screwed over by USC, look 100% right. What a steal in a draft with no 1st rounder.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

An embarrassment of riches on that dline this season. Probably the deepest edge group of Kyle and Johns tenure.

Good to see as I thought he was a little quiet last night and I even noticed he got absolutely steam rolled on one play. Definitely a lot more positives than negatives though.

Last night i saw a YouTube on his preseason snaps so far, yeah it is pre-season...but does it look like it could be a major part of a Superbowl run?.... yeah...it kind of does. Coud easily see how enjoyable it would be to have Bosa and Jackson trying to meet at the QB. He doesn't have to be Reggie Jackson, he can just be Drake Jackson and have an impact.

High 1st rounders have shown less with more opportunity at this point. Crazy small sample size, but the dude is winning ALOT of the snaps he is given.

The pre-draft dudes who kept saying he was screwed over by USC, look 100% right. What a steal in a draft with no 1st rounder.

Jackson had one of the highest win rates in college too. He's gonna be a good one for sure.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree💯%, then add in Kinlaw and Armstead. Oh boy!

I dunno, I think reggie jackson would get his s**t kicked in
Originally posted by dhp318:

I dunno, I think reggie jackson would get his s**t kicked in

hahahahah

my man

lol

Reggie White

(thanks amigo)
Originally posted by dhp318:
Love the way he moves. He's so young still and sort of pudgy (for an NFL DE). Fat is just potential in disguise. He could be a monster in a year or two. This draft class is looking super promising

have him train with the bosa bros for a couple months and he'll be good

Drake Jackson is a very intelligent young man. He learns quickly and we may see utter dominance start by the bye if not before. His playing time will teach him things he needs to work on and he will start the process putting techniques to use as he progresses. Pay attention and you will see greatness develop right before your eyes 😎
Definitely the steal of the draft
Originally posted by NinerTy:
Drake Jackson is a very intelligent young man. He learns quickly and we may see utter dominance start by the bye if not before. His playing time will teach him things he needs to work on and he will start the process putting techniques to use as he progresses. Pay attention and you will see greatness develop right before your eyes 😎

That was a sexy write up
Thanks Guap. That mirror move he made against Love in the Packers game exuded sexiness. And more of Nick's sexiness will show up on game day with Drake on the other side. Olines will be entranced with their play which will result in more sacks 😎
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by NinerTy:

That was a sexy write up
hahahahah

my man

lol

Reggie White

(thanks amigo)

Rickey Jackson was a dog too
Originally posted by Heroism:

Agreed! I think giving him a proper plan on what his body should look like will be huge for him. Dude was one of the youngest draft picks this yr, let's get rid of some of that chubby and get some grown man strength lol. Love the early progress.
Share 49ersWebzone