Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Double post...
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Aug 13, 2022 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
Dude looked explosive yesterday I'm so glad it's a minor injury.

Tim Ryan was comping him to Bruce Smith I know I'm in the minority on this, but I can't stand Papa or Ryan. Papa calling Ryan T-Rock all night is as cringy as his Trey Area call from last year, or his TD call. Old rich dude trying to act hip and use young peoples vernacular is so lame.

I love Papa. Seems like he'd be a blast to get drunk with

I like him too. He brings enthusiasm.

I love Ryan & Papa, great duo for 49ers preseason games.
Hope the stinger is just that.

O wouldn't play him in anymore pre-season games.

Save him for the games that count.
Update from Shanny just now:

He looks a lot like Aldon Smith to me. Remember how long Aldons arms...Drake has the same kind of reach.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He looks a lot like Aldon Smith to me. Remember how long Aldons arms...Drake has the same kind of reach.

Drake's got good length at 34", but Aldon had elite length at 35⅜." But want to know something crazy? Omenihu actually has longer arms than Aldon at 36".

The exciting thing about Drake is that you can see the wheels turning in his head as he's working his hand technique and applying a rush plan. When coupling technique+athleticism, you get a devastating combo. I was really impressed with his stab+forklift power rush here. I love seeing a young pass rusher chaining together moves on his way to the QB.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 13, 2022 at 2:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Drake's got good length at 34", but Aldon had elite length at 35⅜." But want to know something crazy? Omenihu actually has longer arms than Aldon at 36".

The exciting thing about Drake is that you can see the wheels turning in his head as he's working his hand technique and applying a rush plan. When coupling technique+athleticism, you get a devastating combo. I was really impressed with his stab+forklift power rush here. I love seeing a young pass rusher chaining together moves on his way to the QB.

Hopefully un-inebriated version of Aldon

This is a beautiful rep
Some good awareness shown. Was able to battle with the OL while keeping an eye on the QB. The tipped pass was excellent.

That was the first play that jumped out to me!

PS: And the first thing I thought of was Hero. True story.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 13, 2022 at 4:57 PM ]

I saw the same thing. He's real bendy like Aldon was too.
Be honest. Who's "bend" is sexier? Jackson or a smoking hot chick?

I know my vote
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Drake " Soft As An Ez Chair " Jackson !!!

Kid hurtin already !!!
I think we found our sober Aldon Smith
i was super happy with this pick because i thought he was first round talent that got completely f**ked over by his college coaches. I think we may have gotten the steal of the draft.

With him opposite Bosa i think he can lead the draft class in sacks during the rookie contracts. The fact he doesn't have to be superman and be the main guy is really going to help him because he has the explosiveness and speed to win 1 on 1 matches fairly consistently. He already has some good moves too and isnt a 1 trick pony
Share 49ersWebzone