LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 407 users in the forums

Drake Jackson-DE-USC, 2nd Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by elguapo:
Be honest. Who's "bend" is sexier? Jackson or a smoking hot chick?

I know my vote

Both have sackability
Originally posted by Heroism:

NICE!!!
Drake said he was trying to get back in the game.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Drake " Soft As An Ez Chair " Jackson !!!

Kid hurtin already !!!

Any chance you'll hang up the nickname game?
Originally posted by Bigfishrider:
For some reason I thought he was lighter than his listed weight at 273, must have been from his weight changes at USC. Dude has tree trunks for arms

I don't think that 273 number is accurate. He looks bigger than he did in college not but 273. That's heavier than Bosa. Also, they showed him listed at 6-4 but he's 6-2 5/8.

Drake said he's 260 lbs.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Be honest. Who's "bend" is sexier? Jackson or a smoking hot chick?

I know my vote

Both have sackability

Exactly
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Kid hurtin already !!!

He got injured on a good tackle on the QB, but his shoulder hit the ground pretty hard. I hate to think what would have happened if that was on Astro-Crete like the next game is going to be on.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

He looks a lot like Aldon Smith to me. Remember how long Aldons arms...Drake has the same kind of reach.

I saw the same thing. He's real bendy like Aldon was too.

If he can develop and become Aldon 2.0 by getting more power, better get off, and just a better bull rush. I'm excited for this defense! For a guy his size, Aldon's bull rush was just as good as Justin Smith's.
  • thl408
Drake's got good length at 34", but Aldon had elite length at 35⅜." But want to know something crazy? Omenihu actually has longer arms than Aldon at 36".

The exciting thing about Drake is that you can see the wheels turning in his head as he's working his hand technique and applying a rush plan. When coupling technique+athleticism, you get a devastating combo. I was really impressed with his stab+forklift power rush here. I love seeing a young pass rusher chaining together moves on his way to the QB.

I wasn't always clear when you used the term "rush with a plan", but I think I see it now - forklift to get the OT on his heels, kind of a swipe, then dip the shoulder and bend. This seems polished for a rookie.

he's bendy, let's call him gumby
Originally posted by illinois9er:

Kid hurtin already !!!

Any chance you'll hang up the nickname game?
We can only wish
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he's bendy, let's call him gumby

Originally posted by thl408:
I wasn't always clear when you used the term "rush with a plan", but I think I see it now - forklift to get the OT on his heels, kind of a swipe, then dip the shoulder and bend. This seems polished for a rookie.

Yes sir. When I mention a rush plan, I'm typically referencing the execution of moves and techniques being used based on the various factors the pass rusher is encountering. But most of the heavy lifting for a good rush plan is preparation in meetings and film study. Every pass rusher worth their salt spends each week studying their opponent's pre-snap tells and tendencies like splits, stance, hands(ex low vs high hands, puncher vs grabber), pass sets, down and distance, and personnel groupings. Then they formulate their plan of attack using their own moves and techniques to attack any potential opening in their opponent.

I wonder if Drake got any pointers from Nick. Drake is in an amazing situation. I'd bet on this kid to be damn good.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 15, 2022 at 10:43 PM ]

He looks a lot like Aldon Smith to me. Remember how long Aldons arms...Drake has the same kind of reach.

Drake's got good length at 34", but Aldon had elite length at 35⅜." But want to know something crazy? Omenihu actually has longer arms than Aldon at 36".

The exciting thing about Drake is that you can see the wheels turning in his head as he's working his hand technique and applying a rush plan. When coupling technique+athleticism, you get a devastating combo. I was really impressed with his stab+forklift power rush here. I love seeing a young pass rusher chaining together moves on his way to the QB.

Trout taking about that same play

Share 49ersWebzone