LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

2020 49ers Practice Squad Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I thought Cyprien said he wouldn't join a practice squad
Holy crap this practice squad is nearly as good as some of the partial 53- man rosters in the league. This is boss.
No surprises.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Well he's better than the practice squad. I would think there's a few teams he could start for. But he's better than most backups in the league. I'm almost 100% positive he's better than our backup
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Well he's better than the practice squad. I would think there's a few teams he could start for. But he's better than most backups in the league. I'm almost 100% positive he's better than our backup

Originally posted by ninerjok:
Holy crap this practice squad is nearly as good as some of the partial 53- man rosters in the league. This is boss.

+1
I'm confused by the Ford restructure? I see no point in doing that unless they plan to bring someone in or extend a player
This is a fantastic group.

Hokit has a chance to be the FB of the future.
Hasty will get a chance just like Wilson and Mostert before him.
Daniels can work himself into the rotation like Givens did.
I'm confused by the Ford restructure? I see no point in doing that unless they plan to bring someone in or extend a player

With the cap going down possibly it's the carry over to next year that's important for the resigning of Trent

Perhaps Shanahan convinced Cyprien that he was still competing for a job on the 53, that with a little more time understanding the defense he'll make it.

Now that the cap saving carries over to the next season, it doesn't hurt as much to create more flexibility this year.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

With the cap going down possibly it's the carry over to next year that's important for the resigning of Trent

I mean you can restructure Ford next yr or cut him... Essentially they guaranteed Ford will be on the team next yr in order to free up cap space now. I see no point in doing that right now unless they're planning on signing/extending someone now.

FYI that's what restructuring a contract means most times (converting cash to signing bonus)...Kicking the can down the road to get money now. No point in doing that right now.

You cannot restructure a contract more than once a year (at least that was a rule in the previous CBA). Doing it this way, Ford could be restructured just before next season to free up another $9m.
[ Edited by Poldarn49 on Sep 6, 2020 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Perhaps Shanahan convinced Cyprien that he was still competing for a job on the 53, that with a little more time understanding the defense he'll make it.

And that it'll be his best chance to get a ring.
Share 49ersWebzone