LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

2020 49ers Practice Squad Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by 49erF90:
Or Trent Williams extension will be worked out this year.

We'll have to see when he's willing to sit and talk. The last we heard was that he wanted to play out this last year of his deal. Makes sense. He hasn't taken a meaningful snap in two seasons and I'm sure wants to maximize his value.

That makes sense, also has Jadaven Clowny signed yet?

He's a Titan.
Cyprien Is a huge signing because next year when we can't pay Tartt 7 to 8 mil a year, he will take over for much less.
Originally posted by kirkscrafford:
What happened to Reynolds?

He cleared waivers and the 49ers placed him on IR
  • thl408
I like that Hokit made the PS. Don't know anything about him but it'll be nice to have a true FB available in case Juice misses time. Plus IF Hokit develops nicely that puts less pressure to re-sign Juice.
Agree, take advantage now of the current cap to help next year's cap. They can still restructure Jimmys contract (per AB81) and even have a better cap space for next year, or the week before the end of this October to get a new player via trade (like Emanuel Sanders last year).

All it does is make Ford unable to be cut next yr. they could have restructured him next yr to reduce the cap in 2021. I'd prefer to have more flexibility with a guy like Ford.
The only thing I can think of is their planning on talking some extensions and wanted that flexibility now for the process. Maybe a guy like Juice. Because this pretty much keeps Ford here another year. Which is fine if he can stay healthy. We will see.

I mean you can give Juice and extension and it wouldn't affect the cap this yr because he's already under contract.

The only thing that truly makes sense here is Ford is completely 100% and they have no problem not having any flexibility next yr with him or they want to spend money
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This practice squad is better than our 2015 roster

Originally posted by NYniner85:
The only thing I can think of is their planning on talking some extensions and wanted that flexibility now for the process. Maybe a guy like Juice. Because this pretty much keeps Ford here another year. Which is fine if he can stay healthy. We will see.

I mean you can give Juice and extension and it wouldn't affect the cap this yr because he's already under contract.

The only thing that truly makes sense here is Ford is completely 100% and they have no problem not having any flexibility next yr with him or they want to spend money

Yeah but I'm not necessarily talking about using this year's cap. They know what they have available to roll into next year. Juice is a guy that even as a well paid fullback wouldn't even take a third of our 2020 rollover for next year's cap when stagging his 2021 cap hit.

I'm not saying that's it. I'm just throwing some possibilities out there because I'm confused as well. It's a clear indication their comfortable with committing to Ford beyond just this season. I don't know why they wouldn't just wait until next season to restructure him if there wasn't a clear defined reason to use that immediate cap now. Hopefully things are made clearer soon.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Sep 6, 2020 at 12:31 PM ]

We'll have to see when he's willing to sit and talk. The last we heard was that he wanted to play out this last year of his deal. Makes sense. He hasn't taken a meaningful snap in two seasons and I'm sure wants to maximize his value.

Titans on a 1 year deal.
We legit have some better players on the PS right now!

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Agree, take advantage now of the current cap to help next year's cap. They can still restructure Jimmys contract (per AB81) and even have a better cap space for next year, or the week before the end of this October to get a new player via trade (like Emanuel Sanders last year).

All it does is make Ford unable to be cut next yr. they could have restructured him next yr to reduce the cap in 2021. I'd prefer to have more flexibility with a guy like Ford.

The emanuel sanders trade was just the player we needed to advance to the super bowl last year (vs just getting into the playoffs) so I think that factors into their calculations. You need some cap space to do that -- if you want to trade for a player in October before the trade deadline. (what player, I don't know, I guess it would depend on injuries and performance).

How is the pass rush crop of 2021? I'm thinking the college football cancellations made a lot of football positions weaker because of no playing (for example college football cancellation of the Pac 12 season). So they may be projecting the 2021 pass rush class not very strong??
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Titans on a 1 year deal.

Darn.

Titans on a 1 year deal.

Darn.

This is good news right? He did not go to Seattle, he did not go to New Orleans and I don't know if he would be a starter on our team. Maybe in base defense but with Armstead and and Bosa and Ford good luck with that
Originally posted by elguapo:

Titans on a 1 year deal.

Darn.

This is good news right? He did not go to Seattle, he did not go to New Orleans and I don't know if he would be a starter on our team. Maybe in base defense but with Armstead and and Bosa and Ford good luck with that

Apparently new orleans tried to pull off a NBA type sign and trade deal. It's believed they had an agreement with Cleveland (the team isn't conclusive though) where that team would sign him and pay the first 5 mil. New orleans would pay the remainder of his deal then send that team a second round pick and an additional player.

Word got to them that the NFL was unlikely to approve so he took the Titans' offer.
Originally posted by thl408:
I like that Hokit made the PS. Don't know anything about him but it'll be nice to have a true FB available in case Juice misses time. Plus IF Hokit develops nicely that puts less pressure to re-sign Juice.

yup, but only if Juice is out for the count., Dwelley filled in admirably for the short time Juice was out last season.
Also gives the coaches time to work on him.
Share 49ersWebzone