LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

2020 49ers Practice Squad Tracker

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm not surprised any of these guys ended up on the PS. I really hope Cyprien, Jordan, and White can prove at some point that they belong on the 53.
My big keepers here are:
RB JaMychal Hasty
FB Josh Hokit
G Dakota Shepley
SS Johnathan Cyprien
ZWR Kevin White
MIKE Joe Walker
Looking around the league at other teams practice squads and there aren't really any other players I'd rather have. Maybe a younger CB with upside over Johnson but that's it.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Looking around the league at other teams practice squads and there aren't really any other players I'd rather have. Maybe a younger CB with upside over Johnson but that's it.

Yeah but probably best to have one that knows the system and could step in if Verrett can't roll.
I am excited for the season to start in 1 week wooo!

As deep and talented as our roster was last yr I think we are even stronger heading into this yr, I think John and Kyle have a nice balanced PS, Can see we went heavy with WR, OL, and CB/DB. Obviously our weak spots and often injuried. This is the breakdown.

Offense (9)

WR (3)
OL (2)
C (1)
TE (1)
RB (1)
FB (1)

Defense (7)

CB/DB (3)
S (1)
LB (1)
DT (1)
DE (1)
[ Edited by 49ersFanCJinPA on Sep 6, 2020 at 1:32 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
My big keepers here are:
RB JaMychal Hasty
FB Josh Hokit
G Dakota Shepley
SS Johnathan Cyprien
ZWR Kevin White
MIKE Joe Walker

Agreed. I'd add Jennings to that list too
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
How can these old farts make the PS?

PS was expanded from 10 to 16 players and six are veteran. Most of them are still under 30 except Cyprien and D Jordan. Holy crap those guys are both 30, they are old farts.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Yeah but I'm not necessarily talking about using this year's cap. They know what they have available to roll into next year. Juice is a guy that even as a well paid fullback wouldn't even take a third of our 2020 rollover for next year's cap when stagging his 2021 cap hit.

I'm not saying that's it. I'm just throwing some possibilities out there because I'm confused as well. It's a clear indication their comfortable with committing to Ford beyond just this season. I don't know why they wouldn't just wait until next season to restructure him if there wasn't a clear defined reason to use that immediate cap now. Hopefully things are made clearer soon.

Yeah it really makes no sense at all imo.
Originally posted by Giedi:
The emanuel sanders trade was just the player we needed to advance to the super bowl last year (vs just getting into the playoffs) so I think that factors into their calculations. You need some cap space to do that -- if you want to trade for a player in October before the trade deadline. (what player, I don't know, I guess it would depend on injuries and performance).

How is the pass rush crop of 2021? I'm thinking the college football cancellations made a lot of football positions weaker because of no playing (for example college football cancellation of the Pac 12 season). So they may be projecting the 2021 pass rush class not very strong??

I mean you can restructure a deal whenever, if they had a player in October they wanted they can restructure Ford's deal then....at the very least you get to see Ford on the field for a couple months and feel either good pushing his cash down the road (and losing that flexibility to cut him) or have an idea that he's not in the teams plans in 2021. This move pretty much backs them into a corner with his contract, much like they did with Richbug/Kwon next yr as well

The edge class is good. There's also some decent FAs that most likely hit the market as well.

Imo it's a weird move if there's nothing attached to it, according to Lynch it sounds like there isn't anything attached to it
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean you can restructure a deal whenever, if they had a player in October they wanted they can restructure Ford's deal then....at the very least you get to see Ford on the field for a couple months and feel either good pushing his cash down the road (and losing that flexibility to cut him) or have an idea that he's not in the teams plans in 2021. This move pretty much backs them into a corner with his contract, much like they did with Richbug/Kwon next yr as well

The edge class is good. There's also some decent FAs that most likely hit the market as well.

Imo it's a weird move if there's nothing attached to it, according to Lynch it sounds like there isn't anything attached to it

Based on how Paraag and Lynch have handled contracts so far I'm guessing they have a plan. Neither of them strikes me as people that do things on a whim.

Can't rule out that there was a trade in place and the other team backed out the last minute or a failed physical. I still think somethings coming or it doesn't make sense like NY been saying
Damn, our scout team gonna have these starters crisp as f**k for the games.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

Based on how Paraag and Lynch have handled contracts so far I'm guessing they have a plan. Neither of them strikes me as people that do things on a whim.

I must had read that Lynch statement wrong...

Maybe a Trent Williams extension
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 6, 2020 at 3:13 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
My big keepers here are:
RB JaMychal Hasty
FB Josh Hokit
G Dakota Shepley
SS Johnathan Cyprien
ZWR Kevin White
MIKE Joe Walker

I like how you think!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I must had read that Lynch statement wrong...

Maybe a Trent Williams extension

I'm thinking they might be releasing some players on the injured reserve?

David makes a good point about seeing how Dee Ford does this season before restructuring his contract.

Agree with the folks that say a Trent Williams extension is the only thing that kind of makes sense with the Dee Ford restructure. But even then, I'm doubtful about that.
Share 49ersWebzone