LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

49ers signed Tavon Austin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Does JJ still have speed. he used to catch passes from Carson Palmer
Originally posted by NCommand:

Solid end of the depth chart signings. This also probably means that Jennings won't make the team unless he quickly picks up the offense and balls out in camp. My guess is he'll be redshirt and given a better chance to make the team next season.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's fast and he's good for one explosive play per game. He's like a lesser version of Marquis.

If he can play more than 6 games per season, he's better than Quise.
Coaches around the league are likely anticipating increased injuries this season because of a lack of training and conditioning. Throw in the possible positive COVID tests and you can't have too much depth.
Didn't Tavon Austin play for Sean Mcvay? If he couldn't find a way to make him productive, I'm not sure Shanny can either.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
  • 49ers signed WR Tavon Austin.
    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Aug 14, 2020, 12:05 PM ET

i made this thread couple days ago and got deleted

somehow now it's ok.. why do mods ALWAYS get preference here?
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
F**ked up posting this. Don't have the powers anymore to correct it. lol smh

Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:

Because he wasn't officially signed a few days ago?
[ Edited by JimmyWhy on Aug 14, 2020 at 10:47 AM ]
Both these dudes will be off the team once Deebo comes back

I'm excited to see Tavon Austin in Shanny's offense. Perfect for sweeps and screens. And he adds that dynamite factor to our return game. I think he makes it.
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
Didn't Tavon Austin play for Sean Mcvay? If he couldn't find a way to make him productive, I'm not sure Shanny can either.

Because McVay is better than Shanahan Shanahan put up points with f**king Brian Hoyer, Beathard and Mullens let's see McVay do that. Ever since the SB and Belichick exposed him the shine has worn off. He's not a scrub but he's not anything like Kyle.
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Aug 14, 2020 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:

Well, Kolohe is no longer a mod. So, nerr!

Don't know why your thread got deleted, but don't moan in a football thread. There is a pm the mods facility.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:

Because McVay is better than Shanahan Shanahan put up points with f**king Brian Hoyer, Beathard and Mullens let's see McVay do that. Ever since the SB and Belichick exposed him the shine has worn off. He's not a scrub but he's not anything like Kyle.

I didn't say he was better, but they do utilize similar concepts on offense. Austin had 57 rushing attempts with the Rams under McVay. Multiple teams have tried to take advantage of his speed on sweeps and the like, but he just wasn't very effective. If Austin was any good, he would have shown it by now.

And for all of talk of McVay being exposed, they were still just 1 missed FG away from making the playoffs last year.
[ Edited by JimmyWhy on Aug 14, 2020 at 11:00 AM ]
Yes! Niners finally signed my draft crush

From 2013 lol
Share 49ersWebzone