There are 128 users in the forums

49ers signed Tavon Austin

Shop Find 49ers gear online

It's interesting that in this game where he put up nearly 600 total yards, more then half came from running the ball in pistol formation. And yes I realize it's college but we do have a damn good run game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

It's so easy to see the players ShanaLynch like for specific positions or specific roles now. After 4 years you know exactly what they are looking at for each position.
It makes it easier on the scouting department for sure. Tavon (in my book) would have been an easy 3rd round pick for me this year to add that kind of speed and talent. Hes not had any significant injuries to his legs, to reduce his speed, and I can see him contribute more to the offense as he learns the entire route tree. Great signing. To me, if he sticks, thats 3rd round pick value from a free agent signing.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Meh. Austin is a nobody now.

He is a "never was"
Can JJ work the outside? Austin can't. Lots of depth out of the slot. Would be nice to sign some guys that can play outside. That being said if anyone can use Austin to his full abilities on end arounds and gadget plays its Shanny.
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Aug 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wolf_Packer_53:
I'm excited to see Tavon Austin in Shanny's offense. Perfect for sweeps and screens. And he adds that dynamite factor to our return game. I think he makes it.

Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
Didn't Tavon Austin play for Sean Mcvay? If he couldn't find a way to make him productive, I'm not sure Shanny can either.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
If he can play more than 6 games per season, he's better than Quise.

Shanny is loads better coach than Sean, and I agree Tavon can definitely contribute on screens and sweeps. Health is always going to be an issue with undersized WR's, as far as I'm concerned. I think its a fantastic signing, and maybe one reason they let Marquis go for a draft pick? Hopefully, if all goes well, after a year maybe we can squeeze a draft pick out of Tavon.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Yes! Niners finally signed my draft crush

From 2013 lol

Yeah, I really liked Tavon's skill set. I disagreed with his drafted position though, I thought he'd go lower because he was undersized.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

It's interesting that in this game where he put up nearly 600 total yards, more then half came from running the ball in pistol formation. And yes I realize it's college but we do have a damn good run game.

These highlights are unreal........ WTF happened
Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:
i made this thread couple days ago and got deleted

somehow now it's ok.. why do mods ALWAYS get preference here?

You pulled a Cohn move with your early thread creation. The details must have been off. Lol
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
Didn't Tavon Austin play for Sean Mcvay? If he couldn't find a way to make him productive, I'm not sure Shanny can either.

Possibly. But I think it's become quite clear that McVay can't hold Shanahan's jock strap when it comes to play calling .
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jimrat:

He tried to be a WR.

• thl408
I'm more excited for Nelson. A burner can add more to this offense than a gadget player imo. Still good to bring in vets that at best can find a role on the team, at worst they get familiar with the team/playbook in case they get a mid season call.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by jimrat:

He tried to be a WR.
Fitting that his jersey in this game was slightly twisted so his number looked like this /
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by JavonKinlaw:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
  • 49ers signed WR Tavon Austin.
    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Aug 14, 2020, 12:05 PM ET

i made this thread couple days ago and got deleted

somehow now it's ok.. why do mods ALWAYS get preference here?

Well, Kolohe is no longer a mod. So, nerr!

Don't know why your thread got deleted, but don't moan in a football thread. There is a pm the mods facility.

thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by thl408:
I'm more excited for Nelson. A burner can add more to this offense than a gadget player imo. Still good to bring in vets that at best can find a role on the team, at worst they get familiar with the team/playbook in case they get a mid season call.

Agreed.
Share 49erswebzone