LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

49ers signed Tavon Austin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Anyone with knowledge on this? Front page article said the Niners reached an injury settlement with Tavon Austin and he's no longer on the team's IR. But didn't mentioned if he was released or not. Does that mean he could come back from season ending IR or he's gone?
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Anyone with knowledge on this? Front page article said the Niners reached an injury settlement with Tavon Austin and he's no longer on the team's IR. But didn't mentioned if he was released or not. Does that mean he could come back from season ending IR or he's gone?
it usually means he is being released and we get some cap savings
Can they release a player who was on IR and sign them with a clean bill of health? Maybe thats a way to get him off IR if its not needed?
I just looked up the rules and Austin could be brought back, but there is a 3-week waiting period after the injury settlement. If he's not signed by another team at that point, we could bring him back.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ahh thx, thought KS and company found another loophole of stashing players and bringing them back when needed from season ending IR. But I'll take the cap space..lol.
With Deebo out a couple of weeks, Austin would be golden right about now.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Ahh thx, thought KS and company found another loophole of stashing players and bringing them back when needed from season ending IR. But I'll take the cap space..lol.
we can always sign him back if available, but i think this is more of a cap move.
With so many injuries around the league, I don't see Austin coming back. Can't imagine him making it through the entire 3-week waiting period without getting signed. If he's available at that point, I'd definitely bring him back.
I......I didn't know he was still on the team. I thought he left with that other speedster.

Edit- JJ Nelson!
[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 27, 2020 at 5:17 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
i did say it was a bad signing..

Tavon
Sanu
Jett

... bad bad bad

Bye, we barely knew ya.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I......I didn't know he was still on the team. I thought he left with that other speedster.

Edit- JJ Nelson!

Saw the link and got excited just because I remembered the draft hype and rime with Rams. Then I realized he's been on the team for months and hasn't seen the field...lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Bye, we barely knew ya.

Another one bites the dust.
Share 49ersWebzone