LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers signed Tavon Austin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it came down like a punt
Never liked this guy's game, even for gadget plays. I'd prefer Moncrief over him tbh.

I can maybe see Nelson, but I don't see anything Austin adds to our offense. Those Deebo reverses and Jet Sweeps while he's out ? Most of those come on 1WR sets so they'd be more fit for Ayiuk ?
Originally posted by NCommand:

Funny how I don't remember Tavon Austin ever being a RAC guy. He was always tackled immediately when he was with the Rams. All i remember was they'd throw tons of screens to him and he'd get no where.

Maybe my memory is shot
Originally posted by miked1978:

Funny how I don't remember Tavon Austin ever being a RAC guy. He was always tackled immediately when he was with the Rams. All i remember was they'd throw tons of screens to him and he'd get no where.

Maybe my memory is shot
thats how i remember him also

Maybe my memory is shot

No, you've got it right. But I guess somehow Shanahan is going to suddenly turn him into an amazing and productive player just like all of the other amazingly productive WRs currently on the team.
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
No, you've got it right. But I guess somehow Shanahan is going to suddenly turn him into an amazing and productive player just like all of the other amazingly productive WRs currently on the team.

Kittleskittle is that you?? You sound exactly the same as him....
can only help our return game, can't wait to see what he's got left in the tank.

Maybe my memory is shot

That's how I remember it also. A bust of historic proportions. Well, maybe not. He's still playing . . . but I am scratching my head on why the team signed him. It's not like he's suddenly going to transform into something he hasn't been his whole career.

I'll be surprised if he makes the final roster.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by JimmyWhy:
Didn't Tavon Austin play for Sean Mcvay? If he couldn't find a way to make him productive, I'm not sure Shanny can either.

Possibly. But I think it's become quite clear that McVay can't hold Shanahan's jock strap when it comes to play calling .

Agreed.

Originally posted by ninerfan1984:
Yes! Niners finally signed my draft crush

From 2013 lol

Lol same! I was so mad when the Rams drafted him. I thought he'd be a faster Steve Smith.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Aug 14, 2020 at 4:52 PM ]

Maybe my memory is shot

Yeah its your memory, watch his rams highlights video he made us look bad and scored on us plenty of times (of course we did suck back then but still):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EJvZUVnI9dg&t=17s
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
That's how I remember it also. A bust of historic proportions. Well, maybe not. He's still playing . . . but I am scratching my head on why the team signed him. It's not like he's suddenly going to transform into something he hasn't been his whole career.

I'll be surprised if he makes the final roster.

Don't know if you can call him a bust of historic proportions when he got a 2nd contract from the team that drafted him
  • Jiks
Originally posted by ninerfan1984:

Maybe my memory is shot

Yeah its your memory, watch his rams highlights video he made us look bad and scored on us plenty of times (of course we did suck back then but still):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EJvZUVnI9dg&t=17s
Yeah, I'm confused by these comments. Dude has fell off some but he's still pretty damn dangerous when he's in the open field. Something Shanny will be able to scheme for him.
Originally posted by Jiks:
Yeah, I'm confused by these comments. Dude has fell off some but he's still pretty damn dangerous when he's in the open field. Something Shanny will be able to scheme for him.

Just extremely over-drafted. He was stupid explosive in college. I think he's got s**tty hands no? Kinda like a Ted Ginn Jr type player.
Share 49ersWebzone