One year ago were you in the Nick Bosa Camp or Quinnen Williams be honest

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Slice eem. Cut eem. All of eem
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Where's the trade down camp?
Originally posted by JMC52:
Me thinks a few people aren't being honest, I remember the debates even Bosa was a lot more favored

That or those guys are silent.
Bosa and it wasnt even close in my mind. Just seems like these cant miss tackles end up being just meh. Edge rusher can impact a game and close it out.
I wanted Bosa but his injury did kind of scare me.

Alot of Quinnen riders on the zone as well. I was like," wtf really?"

I was contemplating boycotting the niners if they went for Quinnen.
I didn't even know there was an "idea" of taking anyone but bosa at our pick.
Originally posted by ShotTime:
I didn't even know there was an "idea" of taking anyone but bosa at our pick.

You must be new.
You guys are forgetting that many thought it was highly unlikely Arizona would pass on Bosa all the way up to the draft. This is where much (not all) of the trade down/Quinnen Williams talk initially came from to begin with.

We didn't have the top pick.
Originally posted by random49er:
You guys are forgetting that many thought it was highly unlikely Arizona would pass on Bosa all the way up to the draft. This is where much (not all) of the trade down/Quinnen Williams talk initially came from to begin with.

We didn't have the top pick.

No, no, let's not be revisionist. Slews of posters explicitly stated they wanted Quinnen "Guaranteed Superbowl" Williams over Nick Bosa given the choice between the two.

It's f**king hilarious revisiting that thread. Look at this #ClownPost about Nick Bosa:

OH HELL NO I REALLY don`t want this CLOWN-ASS on my 9ers He is a BUST and an a*****e,if Lynch has any sense he will do the right thing,do not draft this BUST IN WAITING.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 14, 2020 at 1:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
No, no, let's not be revisionist.

I think being revisionist is acting as if we had the #1 pick. Go check the draft order,....we didn't.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/nick-bosa-could-be-too-good-to-pass-up

I was mentally prepared for us to argue over who to take next.

As it turns out, Arizona took someone else and as of now, has no reason to look back.
[ Edited by random49er on Mar 14, 2020 at 2:17 PM ]

I would have been crushed if we didn't end up with Bosa. For me it was Bosa or bust since like the November before...
I liked both.. but I was on record for drafting Bosa.

QW will be just fine.
I think being revisionist is acting as if we had the #1 pick. Go check the draft order,....we didn't.

As it turns out, Arizona took someone else and as of now, has no reason to look back.

Again, some posters explicitly stated they wanted QW over Bosa if given the choice between the two. The thread is still there, and we can pull all the receipts. Many posters on here believed QW was a flat out the better prospect than Nick Bosa. We literally argued over this s**t for months.

Like I said a trillion times in that thread about the 2019 draft, there's Nick Bosa, and then there's everyone else.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 14, 2020 at 2:32 PM ]
[ Edited by Hysterikal on Mar 14, 2020 at 2:36 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Again, some posters explicitly stated they wanted QW over Bosa if given the choice between the two. The thread is still there, and we can pull all the receipts. Many posters on here believed QW was a flat out the better prospect than Nick Bosa. We literally argued over this s**t for months.

Like I said a trillion times in that thread about the 2019 draft, there's Nick Bosa, and then there's everyone else.

I had no problem with people who wanted QW or Allen over Bosa.

The issue for me was the logic they used to justify their choice of player. Many posters just looked at their stats and their analysis stopped there.
Share 49ersWebzone