There are 238 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at BALTIMORE RAVENS - 2019 Game 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ronniefreakinlott42:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
What?!?!?!? Kaepernick had as good of a supporting cast as any quarterback could ask for...good head coach,elite defense,strong OLine, stud running back, pro bowl TE, 2 solid receivers. Most nfl QBs, even some of the best would die for that kind of supporting cast. Kaepernick didn't work out because he wasn't good. League adjusted to him and he never responded period

Disagree. How was Baalke's WR picks? AJ Jenkins anybody?

You're reaching, AJ Jenkins barely saw the felid. Those Anquan Boldin & Michael Crabtree guys were pretty good, add in Vernon Davis and any other starting QB would easily have a pro bowl season with those weapons

Bullcrap, those WR's were slow as molasses or had brick hands and couldn't catch a cold in a ICU room full of flue virus victims.

Slow? Maybe. But if you really think they had brick hands, you must have bumped your head.
With that supporting cast, you need Brees like accuracy. Consistently accurate was not Kap's game. No one here is saying he is a top QB (I hope), but with the right team, he can make some noise. Put Kap on that Titans team and they beat the Patriots by two TDs without counting the pick 6.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We needed speed at WR because teams were playing eight in the box and only feared the speed of VD. All they had to do was not let VD get behind them because otherwise we had no deep threat to make them pay for stacking the box vs the run. Had we had speed on the outside we could have made teams make more difficult decisions. The offense sputtered every time VD missed time

And VD really wasn't a great deep threat. He had to beat the defense clean and get a perfect throw. I've seen Mark Andrews (just an example) make multiple catches this season that Vernon would never make for our QBs. Boldin was pretty much done in 2014, but Kap still did pretty damn good with him in his final years masquerading as a #1. People swear Kap had a loaded offense, but the guy never even played with a real #1 WR lol
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
That defense looked real elite in the 2012 playoffs. I've seen QBs do less with far more (Phillip Rivers and Matt Ryan come to mind). Kap is the reason the team even made it to the Super Bowl. He had them in position to make another if it wasnt for a bad decision by him to go at Sherman. Those teams in 2015 and 16 were unwatchable. Where are the starting receivers from those squads?

When he had a good supporting cast, they won. Even the 2014 team was 7-4 at one point and looking like they had another playoff run in them. But the rumors and nonsense with the front office doomed that team.

I've said before dude wasn't an elite QB but no one can say then or now there are 32 better QBs than him.

Sorry, have to call BS on that comment, but I'll just leave it at that for the sake of everyone's sanity.

I like that. Calling BS without any evidence. I should've done the same and saved the characters.

On another note, is it always roughing if we hit Lamar the way defenses hit Kap?

Sorry, no offense intended, its just that it is an argument that has been beaten to death in several other threads and I have no particular desire to open that can of worms again. You and others have an opinion about Kaepernick's role in their run up to the Super Bowl that year and you are entitled to it. It's just not an opinion that I, or several others share, and I don't think opinions like that should be should be presented as fact or presented in such a way that they come across as being unarguable truths, because they are neither. The pertinent fact is that season is long over. We have a new coach, a new QB, and a new opportunity to prove that the 49ers have finally returned to playoff relevancy. Lets all hope that this isn't a flash in the pan like the last run proved to be and that Shanahan and Lynch can continue to field a team that will consistently compete for post season honors for the next decade. Go Niners!!
[ Edited by 49ers81 on Jan 5, 2020 at 9:39 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Alex Smith could've taken us just as far
[ Edited by All22 on Jan 5, 2020 at 9:30 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
We needed speed at WR because teams were playing eight in the box and only feared the speed of VD. All they had to do was not let VD get behind them because otherwise we had no deep threat to make them pay for stacking the box vs the run. Had we had speed on the outside we could have made teams make more difficult decisions. The offense sputtered every time VD missed time

And VD really wasn't a great deep threat. He had to beat the defense clean and get a perfect throw. I've seen Mark Andrews (just an example) make multiple catches this season that Vernon would never make for our QBs. Boldin was pretty much done in 2014, but Kap still did pretty damn good with him in his final years masquerading as a #1. People swear Kap had a loaded offense, but the guy never even played with a real #1 WR lol

And Delaine? Gore? The best offensive line in the league?

Let's not forget that Crabtree looked pretty solid with Carr throwing him the ball.
Bullcrap, those WR's were slow as molasses or had brick hands and couldn't catch a cold in a ICU room full of flue virus victims.

"slow"? perhaps but stone hands??? Are you sure you watched those Kap/Harbaugh teams? Boldin came up with amazing catches on some not so great throws by Kap many times. And Harbaugh once said Crabtree had the best hands in nfl history, I wouldn't go that far, but he was very good when healthy despite the historical revisionism that goes on here. teams stacked the box because nfl defenses had little to no respect for Kaepernick as a passer. Give Andy Dalton the same supporting cast and guarantee his playoff record looks dramatically different
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 5, 2020 at 9:42 AM ]
  • All22
  • Veteran
"slow"? perhaps but stone hands??? Are you sure you watched those Kap/Harbaugh teams? Boldin came up with amazing catches on some not so great throws by Kap many times. And Harbaugh once said Crabtree had the best hands in nfl history, I wouldn't go that far, but he was very good when healthy despite the historical revisionism that goes on here. teams stacked the box because nfl defenses had little to no respect for Kaepernick as a passer. Give Andy Dalton the same supporting cast and guarantee his playoff record looks dramatically different

I never felt Crabs had better hands than Boldin or even Brandon Llyod. Very good but not the best.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
What?!?!?!? Kaepernick had as good of a supporting cast as any quarterback could ask for...good head coach,elite defense,strong OLine, stud running back, pro bowl TE, 2 solid receivers. Most nfl QBs, even some of the best would die for that kind of supporting cast. Kaepernick didn't work out because he wasn't good. League adjusted to him and he never responded period

You're reaching, AJ Jenkins barely saw the felid. Those Anquan Boldin & Michael Crabtree guys were pretty good, add in Vernon Davis and any other starting QB would easily have a pro bowl season with those weapons

Slow? Maybe. But if you really think they had brick hands, you must have bumped your head.
Slow. As. Molasses. Did you watch the super bowl?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

With that supporting cast, you need Brees like accuracy. Consistently accurate was not Kap's game. No one here is saying he is a top QB (I hope), but with the right team, he can make some noise. Put Kap on that Titans team and they beat the Patriots by two TDs without counting the pick 6.
You know what, NFL history will not acknowledge the Harbaugh years because we did not win the big prize. But we have a chance to change that with Shanahan running the show. Let's enjoy what we have going at the moment

I still don't get how Baker fookin Mayfield of all people hung an L on them
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:

It wasn't raining and their defense played lights out!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MoeJontana84:

It wasn't raining and their defense played lights out!!

So what you're saying is if we're get to the Superb owl against the Ravens and its not raining we win

Slow. As. Molasses. Did you watch the super bowl?

Ginn? Hunter? Moss? Hell even Kyle Williams ran like a 4.4 40.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
You know what, NFL history will not acknowledge the Harbaugh years because we did not win the big prize. But we have a chance to change that with Shanahan running the show. Let's enjoy what we have going at the moment

Agree. I think we have the best offensive coach in the game and three of the best pass catchers left in the game. It's a big change from the 2011 team that was all defense and stalled so many times offensively on 3rd downs. If Dee Ford is healthy, this defense is going to be very tough to pass on, very tough.
Share 49ersWebzone