There are 188 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at BALTIMORE RAVENS - 2019 Game 12

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JMC52:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Tim Ryan

just because it makes sense in your head, doesn't mean you should be dumb enough to articulate it out loud...lol

that's what he gets for stanning for Jim Tomsula of all f**king people.

He made an observation.

Any observation that involves race will trigger the PC woke crowd. Not worth attempting or even getting into. Tim Ryan should stop assuming peoples gender too while hes at it. That will definately get you in trouble in SF in the near future too.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I heard him say it and it was just an observation. The rain made the jersey and the football darker and you can't deny that Lamar has darker skin. From Ryan's vantage point it was hard following the ball the way Jackson fakes so well and those conditions just made it harder. There was nothing malicious in the way he said it.

an observation on an offensive play that relies on disguise and deception, and forces the defense to make a nanosecond decision on who has the ball. With that amount of time further compressed by Lamar Jackson's speed and athleticism.

But its taken as an offensive racist comment and someone has to pay. Lol
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
They should have just hit Lamar at the mesh pt regardless if he hands it off. He just reads the DE and kept it every time. I'd much rather have a RB try to smash it up the middle with a pile of DL and LBers waiting vs giving Lamar the edge to run free for like 5 yds.

Imo it was a bad game plan overall. Hopefully if we play them again it changes a little.

This.. I'd rather take away LJ because he has more of a chance to break a big run on the edges than Ingram with that crowded middle of the field.

Yep, you cannot allow LJ to get to the outside untouched as he was for the first half. Take your chances with Ingram up the middle but don't allow Jackson a free 3-5 yards just be getting outside.

Greg Cosell made an interesting comment about Jackson. GC doesn't think Bal is really running a RPO. He thinks Jackson is running on called plays. The mesh point stuff is just window dressing to help him get to the edge. ???

Lamar is essentially Kap with a quicker release, and fresh bones for quaint acceleration (none of that baseball pitcher wind up stuff). I really think the Ravens are gonna hope and pray they can steal a Superbowl this year (or next) before Lamar either becomes crippled, or gets figured out. Dude is essentially just RGIII behind an elite o-line, anchored by a top 5 rushing defense which relies on blowouts to pad stats.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
I heard him say it and it was just an observation. The rain made the jersey and the football darker and you can't deny that Lamar has darker skin. From Ryan's vantage point it was hard following the ball the way Jackson fakes so well and those conditions just made it harder. There was nothing malicious in the way he said it.

an observation on an offensive play that relies on disguise and deception, and forces the defense to make a nanosecond decision on who has the ball. With that amount of time further compressed by Lamar Jackson's speed and athleticism.

But its taken as an offensive racist comment and someone has to pay. Lol

LOL dummy gonna dummy.

That rain was no joke tho, I was having a hard time watching on a good screen...the deception was on point. If we get the chance to meet up in the SB, it'll be better weather...the rain looked like it limited the defenses more than the offense
  • dj43
Originally posted by LVJay:

That rain was no joke tho, I was having a hard time watching on a good screen...the deception was on point. If we get the chance to meet up in the SB, it'll be better weather...the rain looked like it limited the defenses more than the offense

It was the "perfect storm."

I can't remember a game where it was harder to follow the ball.
You know they are not going to run LJ in between the tackles like a RB. It's either to the edge or to the backside of where the run blocking flows. So set the edge and have defenders stay on the cut back side.
I know the game was 3 weeks ago but if we meet them again they have a simple offense. Option but if passing all receivers run mostly mid to deep routes. This gives Lamar room to run for more or throw deep. It's pretty simple.
Originally posted by LV49ers:
I know the game was 3 weeks ago but if we meet them again they have a simple offense. Option but if passing all receivers run mostly mid to deep routes. This gives Lamar room to run for more or throw deep. It's pretty simple.

I feel the same way from what I've seen. It is almost exactly the same passing offense we used to run. The difference is that Lamar is a more elusive runner than Kap was.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
They should have just hit Lamar at the mesh pt regardless if he hands it off. He just reads the DE and kept it every time. I'd much rather have a RB try to smash it up the middle with a pile of DL and LBers waiting vs giving Lamar the edge to run free for like 5 yds.

Imo it was a bad game plan overall. Hopefully if we play them again it changes a little.

This.. I'd rather take away LJ because he has more of a chance to break a big run on the edges than Ingram with that crowded middle of the field.

Yep, you cannot allow LJ to get to the outside untouched as he was for the first half. Take your chances with Ingram up the middle but don't allow Jackson a free 3-5 yards just be getting outside.

Greg Cosell made an interesting comment about Jackson. GC doesn't think Bal is really running a RPO. He thinks Jackson is running on called plays. The mesh point stuff is just window dressing to help him get to the edge. ???

Lamar is essentially Kap with a quicker release, and fresh bones for quaint acceleration (none of that baseball pitcher wind up stuff). I really think the Ravens are gonna hope and pray they can steal a Superbowl this year (or next) before Lamar either becomes crippled, or gets figured out. Dude is essentially just RGIII behind an elite o-line, anchored by a top 5 rushing defense which relies on blowouts to pad stats.

I see nothing wrong with this observation. This is exactly what the Ravens are after with LJ moonlighting as a FQB. As you said he either gets figured out, hurt, and I'll add one more in that he'll fizzle out. Meaning that he won't evolve his game enough to stay in the league. He'd have to become the next Russell Wilson, but I don't know if he can. He flashes ability as a passer but likes to take off and run too often.

But in 2019 it's insensitive racism that WILL be taken out of context by the national media, mostly to virtue signal themselves into a position of nobility.

Anybody figure out how to stop this offense yet?
Originally posted by rathman4481:

If you mean holding them to under 300 yards of total offense. Yea. I think so.
Originally posted by rathman4481:

Have Tartt, Ford and Kwon on the field at the same time.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

I see nothing wrong with this observation. This is exactly what the Ravens are after with LJ moonlighting as a FQB. As you said he either gets figured out, hurt, and I'll add one more in that he'll fizzle out. Meaning that he won't evolve his game enough to stay in the league. He'd have to become the next Russell Wilson, but I don't know if he can. He flashes ability as a passer but likes to take off and run too often.

Agree. Lamar is the kind of QB that potentially Kaep could have turned into. Colin just needed a better supporting cast. Having said that, the offense is a bit boring and it's a dangerous offense (injury wise ) for a nfl level franchise QB to run.

Ideally, the ultimate final evolution of these athletic QB's (Colin or Lamar) is the Steve Young model. He was an awesome pocket QB that could burn you with his legs and 4.4 speed. I kind of see right handed Midget Wilson as a poor man's version of a left handed Steve Young.
[ Edited by Giedi on Jan 3, 2020 at 11:15 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by PuckFarag10:

Agree. Lamar is the kind of QB that potentially Kaep could have turned into. Colin just needed a better supporting cast. Having said that, the offense is a bit boring and it's a dangerous offense (injury wise ) for a nfl level franchise QB to run.

Ideally, the ultimate final evolution of these athletic QB's (Colin or Lamar) is the Steve Young model. He was an awesome pocket QB that could burn you with his legs and 4.4 speed. I kind of see right handed Midget Wilson as a poor man's version of a left handed Steve Young.

What?!?!?!? Kaepernick had as good of a supporting cast as any quarterback could ask for...good head coach,elite defense,strong OLine, stud running back, pro bowl TE, 2 solid receivers. Most nfl QBs, even some of the best would die for that kind of supporting cast. Kaepernick didn't work out because he wasn't good. League adjusted to him and he never responded period
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jan 3, 2020 at 1:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone