LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Coaches Film Analysis: 2019 Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by thl408:
jd, what's up with all the runs from shotgun in the playoffs? It's not new, but it seems like the 49ers have been using it more often in this playoffs. Kyle has spoken about why it's beneficial to be under center yet I think I've seen more runs from shotgun than ever before from a Kyle offense.

I think in these games it had to do with setting up the zone-read look to be able to leave the EMLOS unblocked. When we ran out of shot-gun we almost always had the hand off in a zone-read look to hold the backside EMLOS. Could use the same thing vs Frank Clark in this one.

I think one reason SF used shotgun more this game is due to the 5 man front in base 3-4. With that wider front, a OLB off the edge is quickly in the QB's face after bootleg playaction where the QB's back is turned. Being in shotgun allows the QB to face the defense during playaction.
This play only worked because Deebo can't be tackled by some CB.
  • thl408
The misdirection started on the first play of the game. Red is reading Juice. When Juice goes opposite playside, it stuns red.

No big gain, but red now has something to think about - can't just follow the FB on a run play. This running game uses so much deception.
  • thl408
This is the play Jimmy's knee brace came through in the clutch.
Sanders in the slot smoked that CB.

• thl408
This is the 30 yarder to Deebo where he nearly bullied his way to a TD.
49ers motion to empty. Levels (red + yellow) and Sucker (orange + green), both vertical stretches. Levels works against two high safety coverage, Sucker works for single high.

Cover 2 zone. Jimmy reading the blue Hook defender who squats on Juice.

Deebo destroyed that safety. If only he kept his feet everyone in the NFL would know his name.
Subscribed. Thanks for the good work Sir.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Kenny Clark is a son of b***h excuse me for the language but he knew exactly what he was doing.
He could have tackled normally Garoppolo but nope he clearly targeted the left knee.
And Frank Clark is coming down to Miami next week.
Great job as always. Loved the breakdown of the dominant run game
jonny and thl,
Are you concerned about comebacks in the second half against Shanahan? Examples are his Super Bowl with Atlanta and recent 49ers games against Seattle and Green Bay.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I love how the experts drool over the 49er run game.

I was watching this video last night. The best part is at the 7:40 mark when Mostert scores and Staley, McGlinchey, and Tomlinson start a little o-line dance party. We need a gif of that.
Y'all, it's here! Can't believe it! After years of agony, I finally got to do another breakdown of the 49ers in the NFCCG!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEee

jonnydel - thank you!

Everyone - wow! We are very fortunate to have Shanahan! He's a Xs and Os GENIUS!

Watched it last night. 17 minutes just flew by. Awesome. Thanks Jonnydel.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Jonny,
Could Saleh employ a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6 against the Chiefs?
and/or
Tavarious Moore as a spy on Mahomes and/on man coverage on T. Hill?

We did throw T. Moore in, in a "big" Dime for a couple plays against GB. I could see us utilizing that a lot in the SB, for real. T. Moore can match anyone, even T. Hill, in speed and also has put on size to be an interchangeable safety. The personnel one those plays were: Bosa, Buck, AA, Ford, Warner, Moore, K'Waun, Tartt, Ward, Moseley and Sherm.

With how piss poor KC is at running it and how our D-line matches their O-line I can see us stopping the run and getting pressure with our front 4 and letting the speed roam and frustrate their passing offense.

moore is that fast? wut
jd, what's up with all the runs from shotgun in the playoffs? It's not new, but it seems like the 49ers have been using it more often in this playoffs. Kyle has spoken about why it's beneficial to be under center yet I think I've seen more runs from shotgun than ever before from a Kyle offense.

I think in these games it had to do with setting up the zone-read look to be able to leave the EMLOS unblocked. When we ran out of shot-gun we almost always had the hand off in a zone-read look to hold the backside EMLOS. Could use the same thing vs Frank Clark in this one.

Okay. I did notice the zone read look and wondered why the GB edge player respected the QB keep? I'd dare Jimmy to keep the ball. What's he gonna do, pick up 4 yards and risk getting popped? Much better option than Mostert rambling for 6+.

because Jimmy could still deliver a quick strike/slant or keep it for throwing purposes or a boot? i suppose. not the fact that he would actually run with it
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Jonny,
Could Saleh employ a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6 against the Chiefs?
and/or
Tavarious Moore as a spy on Mahomes and/on man coverage on T. Hill?

We did throw T. Moore in, in a "big" Dime for a couple plays against GB. I could see us utilizing that a lot in the SB, for real. T. Moore can match anyone, even T. Hill, in speed and also has put on size to be an interchangeable safety. The personnel one those plays were: Bosa, Buck, AA, Ford, Warner, Moore, K'Waun, Tartt, Ward, Moseley and Sherm.

With how piss poor KC is at running it and how our D-line matches their O-line I can see us stopping the run and getting pressure with our front 4 and letting the speed roam and frustrate their passing offense.

moore is that fast? wut

Moore has 4.3 speed, yo.
[ Edited by GEEK on Jan 23, 2020 at 6:42 AM ]
This is the play Jimmy's knee brace came through in the clutch.
Sanders in the slot smoked that CB.

watching this makes me sick. every time. what the f**k man.
Share 49ersWebzone