Originally posted by GORO:
Glad your feeling better. Looking forward to your videos

YOU'RE
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Jonny Del
[ Edited by Giedi on Jan 22, 2020 at 1:30 PM ]
#26 of the packers at 14:00.....
starting to get the confidence that they will have a much harder time stopping us than us stopping them
Goldcast podcast. Props for getting your well deserved shine
Jonny,
Could Saleh employ a 4-2-5 or 4-1-6 against the Chiefs?
and/or
Tavarious Moore as a spy on Mahomes and/on man coverage on T. Hill?
  • thl408
jd, what's up with all the runs from shotgun in the playoffs? It's not new, but it seems like the 49ers have been using it more often in this playoffs. Kyle has spoken about why it's beneficial to be under center yet I think I've seen more runs from shotgun than ever before from a Kyle offense.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Jonny,
and/or

Don't we usually run a 4-2-5? Except when we have the 3rd LB in on base downs.
  • thl408
Originally posted by pd24:
Jonny,
and/or

Yeah 49ers go 4-2-5 often. The question is do they go Dime to matchup vs KC. With all the RPOs that KC uses, I'm not sure Moore's added speed over Greenlaw is worth putting Moore's inexperience on the field. Moore man coverage on Hill? No thanks. Now we are asking Moore, a college safety, to go from CB in 2018, to safety in 2019, to CB in the Super Bowl vs one of the most dangerous WRs in the league.
Thanks Jonny!

Originally posted by thl408:
jd, what's up with all the runs from shotgun in the playoffs? It's not new, but it seems like the 49ers have been using it more often in this playoffs. Kyle has spoken about why it's beneficial to be under center yet I think I've seen more runs from shotgun than ever before from a Kyle offense.

So Jimmy won't get run over in his dropbacks by all the motions, misdirections, quick pitches. And then sometimes for Jimmy to get a head start blocking for Deebo on the edge

My uneducated guess
That fourth TD reminded me of Le'Veon Bell back in his Pittsburgh days. Upright running style, pushes right up to his blockers to force the defense to commit, hesitates just long enough to feel the flow, and then identifies the correct spot to attack. Masterful.

Looking forward to the defensive analysis and the SB preview. Appreciate you man.
Thanks Jonny, it's a great video...
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by pd24:
Jonny,
and/or

Yeah 49ers go 4-2-5 often. The question is do they go Dime to matchup vs KC. With all the RPOs that KC uses, I'm not sure Moore's added speed over Greenlaw is worth putting Moore's inexperience on the field. Moore man coverage on Hill? No thanks. Now we are asking Moore, a college safety, to go from CB in 2018, to safety in 2019, to CB in the Super Bowl vs one of the most dangerous WRs in the league.

I'm referring to 1st down as well. Perhaps 4-2-5 on 1st down and 4-1-6 on 2nd and 3rd down and long. This is what Bill Walsh used against the weak running Dolphins in the Super Bowl. He began it in the second quarter. The Dolphins scored just six points after that point.

Tarvarius Moore has 4.32 speed. His role would be to shadow T. Hill while the rest of the secondary switches back and forth from zone to man coverage. This could effectively double team Hill. Moore could also be used as a blitzer to help confuse Mahomes and his OL with his speed.
Share 49ersWebzone