There are 108 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Penn State
6-1
285 lbs

This dude kept popping off the screen last night against Denver's 1's and 2's. Loooord, can he fire off the football.

[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 20, 2019 at 9:26 AM ]
HA I was gonna post this...if he keeps playing like he has, he isn't gonna make it to the PS.

Man if I'm SF I'm trying to find someone willing to move a IOL for one of our DL guys.

Just sucks, teams around the league are starving for OL help as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
HA I was gonna post this...if he keeps playing like he has, he isn't gonna make it to the PS.

Man if I'm SF I'm trying to find someone willing to move a IOL for one of our DL guys.

Just sucks, teams around the league are starving for OL help as well.

Dude, that's webzone draft crush Dalton Risner getting his ass whooped by Givens lol.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 48,543
Noticed him to last night. Someone take that #60 away from him. Gonna be some very hard decisions to make on the D-line.
Against Denver's 1's. This is sooo nice.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
HA I was gonna post this...if he keeps playing like he has, he isn't gonna make it to the PS.

Man if I'm SF I'm trying to find someone willing to move a IOL for one of our DL guys.

Just sucks, teams around the league are starving for OL help as well.

Dude, that's webzone draft crush Dalton Risner getting his ass whooped by Givens lol.

I know! Saw this, yet no one has said a peep about it
What the hell? How did I sleep on this guy? 1.59 10-yard(CRAZY!!) split shows up on tape.

  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 9,365
Yeah our dline was pretty impressive to me last night. Never even heard if this guy before but he was beastly.
Originally posted by Heroism:
What the hell? How did I sleep on this guy? 1.59 10-yard(CRAZY!!) split shows up on tape.


Originally posted by Heroism:
Penn State
6-1
285 lbs

This dude kept popping off the screen last night against Denver's 1's and 2's. Loooord, can he fire off the football.



We will watch him play game this Saturday. If he is good playing well then we can cut AA!

  • Giedi
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 16,704
Originally posted by Antix:
Yeah our dline was pretty impressive to me last night. Never even heard if this guy before but he was beastly.

Agree. Also in the wide 9, you want explosive players like that against both run and pass. Guys like that will, knock the OLineman back into the running back if a run, or gap penetrate and force the QB into Ford or Bosa on passes. Tough decision to make for these 49er coaches, and it's no accident *I think* that the team found this guy once we got Kocurek coaching the DLine for us. Now we need Benton to step up his OLine coaching or maybe trade for a better OLine coach.
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Penn State
6-1
285 lbs

This dude kept popping off the screen last night against Denver's 1's and 2's. Loooord, can he fire off the football.



We will watch him play game this Saturday. If he is good playing well then we can cut AA!

They're not cutting AA, he's guaranteed $9M this yr. more like they would cut DJ Jones or Day (who's contract is up after this yr).
Originally posted by Heroism:
What the hell? How did I sleep on this guy? 1.59 10-yard(CRAZY!!) split shows up on tape.


Givens was listed as a sleeper/dark horse in OTAs. I've been keeping my eye on him because the kid can certainly play. We may not have a spot for him, but the guy looks like he can really be a player in this system. Our DL is just so incredibly deep now, not sure what we do.

Logically though.. quality surplus means you try to bolster other areas via trade. Just my opinion.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Givens was listed as a sleeper/dark horse in OTAs. I've been keeping my eye on him because the kid can certainly play. We may not have a spot for him, but the guy looks like he can really be a player in this system. Our DL is just so incredibly deep now, not sure what we do.

Logically though.. quality surplus means you try to bolster other areas via trade. Just my opinion.

Duuuude, if Givens shows up vs KC, there certainly better be a spot for him. I saw more from Givens yesterday than I've seen from anyone else in the preseason except maybe Solly.

You guys know I'm a big Street fan, but if we're being honest, he's been pretty underwhelming to me.
[ Edited by Heroism on Aug 20, 2019 at 10:36 AM ]
Could he be depth to Sheldon Day at 2i?
Share 49erswebzone