LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nastastical:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Start DJ Jones on PUP/IR and have Givens take his spot to see if he continues to shine like this. He definitely won't make it past waivers.

I like that idea.

Solid plan because there is a damn good chance that Givens doesn't make it to the PS after that game last night. If he plays like this against KC, then some real tough decisions will have to be made because you can't just lose him for nothing.

There's also Julian Taylor that has played well. I really think this injury could cost Jones his spot on the team.
I like this kid.
Givens is getting a whole lotta love after the Denver game.

Wish he played on the O line!
Originally posted by English:

Agreed
Originally posted by 60sFan:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Start DJ Jones on PUP/IR and have Givens take his spot to see if he continues to shine like this. He definitely won't make it past waivers.

I like that idea.

Yeah at this point, his name has blown up headlines. He's anything but a secret to every other team out there. Either he's really good and we know it, and try to keep him. Or, it's overblown pre-season hype, and we know something others don't because we see him in practice. And in this case, we use the hype to trade him.

Practice Squad seems like a 100% impossible scenario by now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Yeah at this point, his name has blown up headlines. He's anything but a secret to every other team out there. Either he's really good and we know it, and try to keep him. Or, it's overblown pre-season hype, and we know something others don't because we see him in practice. And in this case, we use the hype to trade him.

Dude isn't making it to the PS...teams need DL depth.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yup. Keep him or trade him. I see no other options. Personally, considering he came out as a junior, I see this guy as a high-upside player who should be kept. Day doesn't really have much untapped potential in my opinion. I feel like he's close to his ceiling. Would rather move on from Day since we've got 236436093727 other players who can do his job.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yup. Keep him or trade him. I see no other options. Personally, considering he came out as a junior, I see this guy as a high-upside player who should be kept. Day doesn't really have much untapped potential in my opinion. I feel like he's close to his ceiling. Would rather move on from Day since we've got 236436093727 other players who can do his job.

I like Day, but he's basically the DL version of Bourne. He's solid, but he's not someone you cry about letting go if there isn't room for everyone. His snaps can be replaced by guys with a higher ceiling.
I don't think teams will be scrambling to grab him if he's cut. He could make it to the practice squad. A lot of teams have preseason stars like this.

Remember Marcus Rush?
Please keep

Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't think teams will be scrambling to grab him if he's cut. He could make it to the practice squad. A lot of teams have preseason stars like this.

Remember Marcus Rush?

did he play well against starters or just scrubs like him?
Originally posted by English:

We have fantastic d line depth now. They should find a trade partner and get a young guard or center of equal promise etc.
Whoever we let go will end up in Seattle ...book it
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Remember Marcus Rush?

did he play well against starters or just scrubs like him?

Mostly scrubs. I think he got in pretty early but I don't think Denver started all of their top starters.

Remember Marcus Rush?

Difference is Givens started and also got national attention due to Brian Baldinger putting his film on for everyone to see. Rush sucked at defending the run. Givens is being talked up by analysts and it's unlikely they would do so, or call him the "best DL" in that game if there wasn't something to it.
Share 49ersWebzone