LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 406 users in the forums

Kevin Givens - DL - UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by eman:
If we find a taker for Arik Armstead and trade him say for 4th/5th rd in 2020, would we have to pay any of his 9m GTD salary or it comes completely off the books??

We don't need his pass rush and kentavious street could replace his run defensive prowess hopefully! Beside AA is always injury prone and need that money to extend DeFo!

It's already guaranteed. So we would eat 9 million for no reason. It seems extremely unlikely he returns in 2020 though.

Why settle for a 4/5th when you are guaranteed a 3rd if he leaves in free agency.

you really think he will strike that big of a FA contract? i doubt it.

you'll be surprised how many idiots are GM's
Originally posted by 9moon:
I can SEE Ol' Peetey's chalkboard right now... and it reads..

JULIAN
GIVENS
STREET

RICHIE
TOILOLO
KADEN
WILSON
MOSTERT

His chalkboards in all caps to?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by English:
Givens is getting a whole lotta love after the Denver game.

Wish he played on the O line!

We have fantastic d line depth now. They should find a trade partner and get a young guard or center of equal promise etc.

Nobody is gonna trade for a rookie UDFA based on a couple of plays in a preseason game.

This.

I like Baldinger but I don't think just because he's saying something about a player that it's getting national attention. I bet there are close to 30 GM's who still don't know who Givens is.

No one is giving up more than a conditional 7th for him or Valoaga

Good point, but then keep him and let him play. Trade someone else. Our o-line scares me. We could have a legit defense and QB etc but it's all crippled by a bad o-line.

We have fantastic d line depth now. They should find a trade partner and get a young guard or center of equal promise etc.

Nobody is gonna trade for a rookie UDFA based on a couple of plays in a preseason game.

This.

I like Baldinger but I don't think just because he's saying something about a player that it's getting national attention. I bet there are close to 30 GM's who still don't know who Givens is.

Good point, but then keep him and let him play. Trade someone else. Our o-line scares me. We could have a legit defense and QB etc but it's all crippled by a bad o-line.

I'd rather hang on to Armstead, Thomas, Street, and Taylor over him. I don't think any of our DL outside of Buckner, Ford, and Bosa (who are untouchable) would get us a quality starting center or guard.
He definitely stood out. Seems like a high motor guy. Why did he go undrafted?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

supposedly too undersized
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

No, he's black so he can only be a good athlete. /s

This.

I'd rather hang on to Armstead, Thomas, Street, and Taylor over him. I don't think any of our DL outside of Buckner, Ford, and Bosa (who are untouchable) would get us a quality starting center or guard.
I am actually fine with a promising backup lol
You can forget about this guy. Saleh sounded like he didn't even know who he was. Did say he's got a long ways to go. LOL
Originally posted by NCommand:
You can forget about this guy. Saleh sounded like he didn't even know who he was. Did say he's got a long ways to go. LOL

This staff does that with every single rookie.

Hope he's not Mike Purcell 2.0. Dominated preseason then suck arse after he got a spot on the 53.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Hope he's not Mike Purcell 2.0. Dominated preseason then suck arse after he got a spot on the 53.

Practice Squad. He's not making the 53.

If he plays like he did last week vs KC he should IMO...Day is meh and in the last yr of his contract
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If he plays like he did last week vs KC he should IMO...Day is meh and in the last yr of his contract

This.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sounds like another friendly bet.
Share 49ersWebzone